Author Topic: onion sets  (Read 1386 times)

discovery

• Not So New ...
onion sets
« on: May 08, 2005, 16:01:25 »
Hooray, I managed to get half a plot yesterday, not in bad nick, not been used since last year. The soil is great as the previous tennent used it as part of a market garden, a lot of creeping buttercup, but none of the dreaded mares tail that i had at my old site. As I have not had an allotment for over a year due to moving to another town, I have no onion sets.Has anyone any idea where I could find some.I went down today, did some digging and put in some runner beans.I will put some peas in this week, but need help to find some onions.

Lily

• Acre
  • When the going gets tough, hide in the allotment.
Re: onion sets
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 16:55:05 »
If you give us an idea of where your site is maybe there is a fellow 'Lottie' owner that might be able to help and give/swap you some.

On the other hand there are often some left in Garden Centres. 

Good Luck

Lily
' A problem shared is a problem halved'

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 18:12:57 »
I've got maybe a kilo left that I'd be glad to send you if you can't get any locally. I don't know if the postage would be more than they're worth though.

discovery

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 18:28:42 »
I would take about 50 onions, And I dont mind the postage,I would send you a cheque before you post if thats all right, I am at Conder green, near lancaster.
Many thanks, Ann.

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 20:31:51 »
Ann, I simply adore your mousy avatar !! How very sweet!
 :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

sarahr

• Half Acre
  • Oooh Shiny!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 13:51:42 »
I've seen some onion sets in Wilkos (Wilkinsons) last week. I bought mine in wilkos last year around this time, as I got the lottie late - they were half price. Should be around that now.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal