Author Topic: Plot latest piccy!  (Read 2051 times)

Mothy

• Hectare
  • My 4th season on my Lottie in Leicestershire.
Plot latest piccy!
« on: May 05, 2005, 22:51:53 »
Just in case anyone is interested (I love to see pics of others plots & gardens) I have decided to risk boring you all and post my latest piccy. It was an overgrown wilderness until 2 mates and I started to clear it over Christmas/New year just gone.

Onions in foreground with shallots and Garlic beyond. Potatoes to the right with my carrot fleece tunnel hoops showing. Broad beans, parsnips & beetroot further down just before the cabbages and the runner bean canes up in readiness.

Fruit netting going up this weekend on top of Rasps, black/red currants, gooseberries & strawberries.

As the plot next door is not looked after, I took the step of using roundup along a 6 foot strip of it on a still early morning last weekend. We basically cleared that at the same time as ours and the speed at which it is growing back is frightening! I am hoping to just keep it at bay and hope that I've done the right thing!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Plot latest piccy!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 23:11:58 »
Looking good!  It is amazing what you have achieved.  You must be right proud!  ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 23:22:30 »
:o Mothy :o your plot looks massive :o and you have done well to get to were you are from Christmas, ;) Well done  ;D 8)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 08:59:28 »
Well done Mothy, what a huge plot! :o  lucky you ;D Lots of hard work gone into that!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 09:36:49 »
Mothy you have done really well to clear such a big area.  You will be well stocked with onions and shallots in the coming season from what I can see. Good luck for your other crops. Congrats on a fine plot.  :) busy_lizzie 
live your days not count your years

Mothy

• Hectare
  • My 4th season on my Lottie in Leicestershire.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 17:10:20 »
Thanks very much folks......I have mentioned before that it is really my father in law's plot, but he had a kidney transplant last year and hadn't tended the allotment for about 4 years....I have become so bloomin' hooked I've taken over!!  ;D

It's about 150' x 30' and is plenty big enough to grow veg/fruit for our respective families. I've really gained a lot from getting this far and have enjoyed this forum immensely.

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 21:25:35 »
Wow Mothy!!

I couldn't face the enormous hard work that must have involved!

Isn't gardening supposed to be the gentle art? - not quite sure where the callouses I've developed over the week fit in!

Ellkebe

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 22:29:21 »
Mothy, that is one hell of an allotment  :o  Well done on clearing it the way you have!

Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

clairenpaul

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 15:33:17 »
Wow - you've done a great job!! Can't believe how much you've done in such a short time - bet your father in law is proud of you :)

Lily

• Acre
  • When the going gets tough, hide in the allotment.
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005, 16:48:47 »
I never tire of seeing pictures of allotment plots, they are such an inspiration to me, especially when I feel as though the work is getting a bit tough going.

I got hail stoned on my plot today but my neighbouring plot holder has a wonderful shed so 4 of us sheltered in there until it subsided.  It was a good excuse to have a good 'natter'.  ;D

Well done. Mothy
' A problem shared is a problem halved'

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 21:18:57 »
Same here Lily.  I love my shed, I love my shed, my shed is so comfortably lovely (that's a song I just made up a la The Singing Corner) Remember them???
I came, I saw, I composted

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 12:09:10 »
Looks great! Very impressed  :D
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

lancelotment

• Half Acre
  • Great North Swim, 1 mile open water, Windermere'08
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 12:40:24 »
Nice one Mothy!  And dry too - I'm envious.  I baled 3 buckets of standing water off my spuds this weekend, then gave up and went home. :(
Getting there - just rather slowly!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal