Author Topic: Dock and Clover  (Read 1858 times)

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
Dock and Clover
« on: April 25, 2005, 19:18:25 »
Best ways of removing? Please and thanks. Have a weed sheet over a patch of weed infested grass, but the weeds underneath appear to be thriving. If i cut them back, then put the sheet on, would they regrow or die?

Thanks, John
I LOVE OP AMPS!

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Dock and Clover
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 22:28:47 »
When you kill weeds with weed killer before they die they grow very large and then keel over and die.  Weeds under plastic mulch do the same - so I'm told  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 17:59:04 »
They are using a lot of energy grwoing big in a vain attempt to reach some light.  Eventually they will exhaust themselves and become ex-weeds.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Sprout

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 07:16:46 »
Hopefully the same will apply to couch grass as my plot is fast resembling a sea of black plastic!!! >:(
Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 22:18:33 »
Dig 'em out!  Dock has a very long tap root which if you can get it all out, means the end of it.  Of course, easier said than done, which I do appreciate as I have dock everywhere!  I don't use weed killers, purely because I never have, know nothing about them or the long term affects on soil and crops, but I am sure there are some products on the market that will do the job post haste!  Mind you, I heard Stephan doodeedlidum (can never remember his long and complicated name) the gardening man on TV today saying clover is pretty immune to most weedkillers, so again, maybe best just to dig?  :-\

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 23:15:45 »
my poor back- it never asked to be a gardeners back ;)
I LOVE OP AMPS!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal