Produce > Edible Plants

Seed potatoes

<< < (2/2)

Plot22:
I have ordered 8kgs of Lady Christi, 8kgs of Kestrel and 10kgs of Harmony from our association at £2.50 for 2 kgs. I had a bit of a disaster last year with the Kestrel that I saved from my crop so I have had a clean sweep this year with all new stock. With Wilko now gone I suspect many growers will be in the same boat as lezelle perhaps B & M will fill the space but the best bet is to try and find an association. At the main seed suppliers price it is just not worthwhile growing them.

small:
I've used Wilko for years, sob sob. I'm down to just growing in buckets now, so I thought, just get what you want and sod the cost, think of the joy of early new potatoes, so I got a bag of Charlotte from Amazon.....

lezelle:
Hi Ya, I am coming round to the same way of thinking as you small. I enjoy growing them from the start and recently bought a 2kg bag of early with 21 tubers in for £4.99. I have a garden centre voucher so that will help and I am waiting to hear from a favourite garden centre as to when they will have seed potatoes on sale as they do a good price. I have looked on line and at potato house and wow with postage very high price. I see a lot of Linconshire places and might visit my son who lives there and have a look around. Good luck to all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version