Allotment Stuff > The Basics

Winter Composter Project

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tulipa:
Harry some folded carpet on the top would help keep your heap/bins warm too, I have always used old carpet, cheap and works. My son tried to put some ready for a tip run this week and I had to explain how valuable it is, good job I caught it in time :)

Harry:

--- Quote from: Tulipa on December 03, 2023, 21:20:29 ---Harry some folded carpet on the top would help keep your heap/bins warm too, I have always used old carpet, cheap and works. My son tried to put some ready for a tip run this week and I had to explain how valuable it is, good job I caught it in time :)

--- End quote ---
No carpet allowed on the site. I could use canvas or a tarp.

Tulipa:

--- Quote from: Harry on December 04, 2023, 00:28:12 ---
--- Quote from: Tulipa on December 03, 2023, 21:20:29 ---Harry some folded carpet on the top would help keep your heap/bins warm too, I have always used old carpet, cheap and works. My son tried to put some ready for a tip run this week and I had to explain how valuable it is, good job I caught it in time :)

--- End quote ---
No carpet allowed on the site.

--- End quote ---

That's a shame.  I understand about the rubber backed stuff but something to insulate your bins would help.

Harry:

--- Quote from: Harry on December 03, 2023, 15:17:22 ---
5 x 80 L bins with holes in and one full of water should look tidy

--- End quote ---

My dustbin composters certainly seem far more alive than my open heap. Absolutely writhing with worms and other little critters

Tiny Clanger:

--- Quote from: Tulipa on December 04, 2023, 17:10:56 ---
--- Quote from: Harry on December 04, 2023, 00:28:12 ---

--- End quote ---
No carpet allowed on the site.

--- End quote ---

That's a shame.  I understand about the rubber backed stuff but something to insulate your bins would help.

We managed to get our hands on cutains from an artic lorry that was being rebranded.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version