General > The Shed

Time to call it a day

<< < (2/4) > >>

Obelixx:
Good luck with your new adventures ACE.

Agree that the natter is key.  I've never had an allotment but in Belgium I started a gardening group for like-minded people and we'd visit each others' gardens and share tips, triumphs, woes and plants.  Since we moved here I've joined a gardening club to have the same chance to exchange experiences, knowledge, seeds and plants.

The natter is important for much more tho - sharing a joke, having a rant, supporting people feeling a bit down or bouncing with joy.

Deb P:
I expect most of us will have to face the same decision sooner or later….If we end up moving and get a good sized garden I think I would be tempted to do the same, at the moment I’m doing a lot of work at both home garden and allotment and just about keeping on top of things. We are still going to a few festivals like Bearded Theory which attracts the more mature punter rather than a bunch of teenagers getting drunk and leery, although we don’t do camping because of his Lordships dodgy knees and my dodgy back which require a decent bed these days! 😂

saddad:
Sorry to hear this ACE, you will be missed on the "site" but hopefully not leaving our site...

small:
Very wise to quit before it gets a millstone round your neck, and you have other things to move onto.
I've had to stop everything but pots, lettuce and tomatoes. mine is a home plot so next year it'll just get mowed with the rest of the grass. But this year, I've just left it, and it is a wonderful display of wildflowers - red and purple poppies, foxgloves, marigolds - it makes me realise how much work I used to keeping it weedfree! Good luck Ace and keep in touch.

picman:
Ace, Hope you have opened a happy new chapter to your life Yes we will all get there eventually, what with all the hurdles we have to get over now. I feel the clock is ticking , I been at it 24 years 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version