General > The Shed

Time to call it a day

<< < (4/4)

Tee Gee:
As they say," You can take the man out of the Allotment, but you can't take the Allotment out of the man.

I hope you enjoy your new venture.

The only problem I have is; because the garden is just out the back door I find the plants seem not to grow as fast as they did on the Allotment, simply because I am looking at them every minute of the day!

Other than that I am loving it!

ACE:
Nearly all the old garden cleared, we decided to start with a clean slate. Flowery bits for my wife to potter in, unproductive orchard thinned out, just the pears and a russet left. Enough room for all the raised beds and a central space for a geodesic dome instead of the usual shape poly tunnel. Now the motorcycles are gone from the garage (new shed for the old chopper) the car can park in there and the motorhome has its own parking space so the big parking area has been reclaimed. 6 weeks touring in a couple of weeks so I'll get the beds filled with manure ready for our return, then I can start growing again.

ACE:
We have been travelling around the uk for about 6 weeks and came back to a jungle, mowing, strimming and dead heading the flowers all done. A load of manure ordered to fill the dozen raised beds, turf ordered for the revamped flower garden and already to get back to a bit of gardening. Also planning the geodesic dome and ordering the materials to get that underway. The russet apple tree has gone mad and although there were loads of fallers there is plenty of fruit to pick and wrap for the winter. Can't beat a russet and blue cheese for a nice treat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version