Allotment Stuff > The Basics

Air Fryers

<< < (2/2)

Vinlander:
Just like to point out the oven will draw a lot of expensive energy heating up, then the amount it takes after that can be very small - depends on how much & how long you open it for. So slow&low baking and roasting can be cheap and certainly tastier for the right dish.

The drying/heating combination has its advantages for making my favourite parsnip crisps - but I might just cut a hole in my bucket (liza) and poke a heat gun through it - 90% of the time the gun is used to go from cold charcoal to an even bed of red hot coals - in 6 minutes. Much better than the hair dryers so popular in the eastern Med. (they blow the charcoal around too much).

Cheers.

Deb P:
We were given a Ninja air fryer as a gift, and to my surprise we are using it daily and gradually working out what we can do with it!
Things that cook quicker and better than the fan oven are; bacon, sausages (quorn and meat types), homemade chips/sautéed/ roasted potatoes, cauliflower cheese (much quicker!), small frozen pizza.
It’s amazing the amount of fat that drains off meat sausages and bacon compared to grilling/baked, we quickly learned to line the pan below the crisping tray to make cleansing easier.

We are still trying things out but I’m pleasantly impressed so far, and I didn’t think we would use it very much….wrong!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version