Produce > Edible Plants

Tomato sideshoots.

(1/2) > >>

planetearth:
For the first time in 30 years I am getting so many tomato side shoots I am going crazy.  They are bursting out on the mainstem, trusses and on leaves.

It's almost a full time job keeping up with them.  The plant is my usual and ever so reliable Gardeners delight, but with some leaf curl.

What's going on?

Beersmith:
As I posted few weeks ago . . .

That's the thing about tomato side shoots.  You can be really diligent in pinching them out, but if you don't pay attention one of them will grow six inches while you are sitting in the shed drinking a coffee.

planetearth:
These aren't the ordinary side shoots, these pop up on the plant (upper half) in all sorts of places and in bunches of up to 4 shoots from the same spot!

small:
 My GD's have done just the same, I've given up trying to take them out and am just leaving them to see what happens. I put it down to the excessive heat since that's all that seems different. But tomatoes are always coming up with surprises, aren't they?

picman:
Same side shoot excess , i missed a few in the early days and have now given up, its a tomato jungle...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version