General > News

The weather today part 3

<< < (4/14) > >>

Paulh:
We had several snow showers yesterday, interspersed with bright sunshine. Oh to be in England in the spring!

Obelixx:
It's been mostly sunny here bit with a biting wind giving a lot of wind chill factor and, finally, some snowflakes this evening.  Expecting snow overnight and a "feels kike -8C".   

Having been busy with decorating and sewing since early Feb I've not sown much since the broad beans in late December so I bought some veggie plug plants today, all now fed, watered and tucked up in the polytunnel for safety.  Plant fair on Sunday - not held for the last 2 years - and I'm hoping to pick up some tomato treasures from Heritage Man to get a head start on my late sowings.

saddad:
Wet start, but no frost... hopefully will dry up during the morning...

saddad:
Well, the wind has dropped, the rain has stopped and it may last all weekend.... allotment here I come!

Obelixx:
We have storm Diégo here, blowing a hoolie but not as badly as the 120kph forecast.  However there's lots of rain too and that may be enough to soften the earth and bring down a few more old trees.

We lost an old walnut in the big blows in Feb and I'm expecting its neighbour to keel over any time so haven't yet called in teh tree surgeon to deal with the first.

On the up side, the potatoes, shallots, white Paris onions and beetroot plugs I planted on Wednesday have certainly had a good soaking to settle them and the 2 remaining chooks are tucked up safe in the polytunnel with food and water and plenty to peck at as the earth has just been weeded, forked and composted ready for tomatoes.   

Despite all the meds, extra hygiene and special feeds we lost another hen to the dreaded parasitic worms on Wednesday night so the whole hen house, pen and polytunnel have been dusted with diatomaceous earth and I'm working my round the rest of the veggie beds and paths - when it's not raining and blowing a gale!   They have to be confined at the mo cos of avian flu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version