General > The Shed

Missing a few old posters

<< < (3/3)

MervF:
I agree with you and must admit that I have not contributed anything for ages but have still been reading the posts regularly.   I have been a member for some years and have always regarded this the best site.   I have found some very useful advice over the years and will continue to be "in the background" unless I can add any gems of information.

peanuts:
I too look at the site almost daily, although I don't post often.  it is much appreciated, so I really hope Dan et al will keep it going with enthusiasm, despite the low rate of posts.  We have never used FB, and don't intend to start.  Nor anything else like that.  This site is good, friendly, and small enough.

You're well ahead in Portugal, Barriedale!  Doesn't sound as if you get a proper winter rest though - be careful!

We've had beautiful weather these last four weeks, -4 most nights, frost, but clear skies and glorious sunshine all day.

February has crept up on me, and suddenly I'm realising I should be looking out for seed potatoes, went shopping today, and found Charlotte, in  smaller quantities than I used to buy them.  Not have had any visitors  chez nous for two years (what a huge change), we're not getting through as many veg as we used to.  So I will try to sow less this year, although I have my doubts!  But I will look at starting off my tomatoes . . . . . .

Spring is coming, happy gardening everyone!

Beersmith:
The main page often shows only one or two users actually logged in, sometimes none at all. 

But the number of guests is rarely less than one hundred and at times even higher.  I think these are readers, mostly non members but as we all often lurk a few members too.  Now the advertisements are probably the main funding for the site, so posting informative and interesting content is probably helping to make this a go to place for guests.

And that is what counts for advertising.  Lots of readers will help keep this site viable.  So let's not be shy. Share your plans, experiences, failures and triumphs. The members produce the content and the better it is the more the site will attract readers. 

Best wishes to all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version