General > The Shed

Gardening Materials and Covid

<< < (3/4) > >>

Obelixx:
Is there a sarcy smiley Gray1720?

I have been nurturing a patch of comfrey and will be making comfrey tea with it and I still have nettle tea from last year.   I will probably still buy some pelleted chicken manure but we have 5 chooks and are composting their poo and straw which should help.

I'm waiting for the BOGO offers before I buy any compost.  Hope they come soon as I need quite a bit for pricking out and potting on.

tricia:
I'm, hopefully, sorted for the coming season. Took delivery of 3 x 40l bags horse manure £10, 3 x50l bags Godwins multi purpose compost £10, 10l bag of Perlite £7.99 and a bag of sharp sand £2.99. Manure is for the courgettes and squashes, mpc to top up my raised beds and the Perlite and sharp sand will be mixed with my sieved garden compost for starting seeds.

Tricia  :wave:

Beersmith:
I'm seeing more and more cases where the offer at the DIY store or the garden centre is for 40 or 50 litre bags  rather than 70 litre.  Classic shrinkflation.

gray1720:

--- Quote from: Obelixx on January 29, 2022, 19:16:58 ---Is there a sarcy smiley Gray1720?

--- End quote ---

I shall have to look for one - surely if there's a purple sperm, there should be a sarcy one?
(mind you, in the one place it would be handy, there's no aubergine emoji...)

saddad:
Recycling my old compost bags... filling and storing my own when I turn compost bins I have noticed "shrinkflation" some of the bags are 80 or 90L I even had one of 120L... not sure how I shifted that even 20 years ago. No doubt "Health and Safety" when you read the handling advice, presumably that's why potato nets are now 2, 1 1/2, or even 1kg. Now where did that smiley go???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version