Produce > Under Glass

Winter Prep

<< < (3/4) > >>

Deb P:
Made a start on winter clearing early this morning, surprised how moist the soil was considering we haven't had much rain recently but my compost heap is now 6ft high!
I quite like clearing and prepping the plot, it's rather satisfying but my leeks seem to have disappeared! Still loads to do though.......

gray1720:

--- Quote from: gray1720 on November 14, 2021, 19:55:14 ---The soggy one is almost done, though I must confess to cheating on the corner that I didn't get round to planting this year, and putting black plastic down. There's a lot of seedling couch grass, and the plastic should do for a lot of that by spring. 

--- End quote ---

Now done! I'm going to put some muck round the fruit bushes and the asparagus, and mulch them in a futile attempt to keep the weeds down, and that's that half done for the winter - just the brassica cage to remove and dig in about May now (currently full of winter greens).

The other half will be easier, and I can do that in bits and pieces without needing to steam in in haste.

Oh, and I found a buckshee gooseberry bush that has found its way home so we'll have a few goosegogs there as well. Bonus!

saddad:
Garlic, over-winter onions and shallots all in now!

Deb P:

--- Quote from: saddad on November 22, 2021, 07:26:49 ---Garlic, over-winter onions and shallots all in now!

--- End quote ---
My Franchi ones haven’t even arrived yet!
Too warm to plants the tulips in the garden as well….🙄

pumkinlover:
When did you order? mine came weeks ago. Can you give them a ring?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version