Produce > Edible Plants

Potatoes

<< < (3/5) > >>

cudsey:
I have not grown any main potatoes for a few years but I thought I would give them a try again this year I got some Albert Bartlett rooster seed potatoes which seem to have done quite well I have not tried them yet but the yield was very good and no scab so will wait and see what they are like 

Paulh:
"I have found the AHDB pages on potato problems. It's terrifying. There are literally dozens of diseases and I'm now convinced my spuds have got most of them!!"

Keep well clear of the NHS website, Beersmith!

gray1720:
My Maris Bard were savaged by slugs, and a bit blighty, the Pentland Javelin were better but not great. Accent seem to have avoided most of those woes (the foliage was also still healthy when everything else was brown - they went while I was on holiday so didn't see whether it was blight or not -, and the Kestrel actually look pretty good in both respects. Two rows still in that I will have to check the list to see what they are, plus two stray Pink Fir Apple.

Hepsibah:
I've been fairly impressed with the Sarpo potatoes I tried this year. The Kifli made excellent salad tatties and the Mira and Axona make amazing chips and mash. They also didn't succumb to the late blight that swept through all the others on our allotment site.

Tiny Clanger:
We grew some Marfona for the first time this year.  Sizewise not wonderful but not very many with boggits in.  Cooking, I tend to cook them slowly and then turn off when almost done.  I time everything round the spuds or they will go down. Mind, MArfona seems to make good mash, and the Desiree have done quite well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version