Author Topic: busy  (Read 1254 times)

ACE

• Hectare
busy
« on: March 17, 2020, 11:32:09 »
I have done more in the last two days than I have been able to do all winter, will soon catch up at this rate. Also such a good crop of purple sprouting, I wont get fed up with that glut.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: busy
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 12:31:13 »
Good for you.   I planted what I thought were pointy cabbages in late autumn.  They turn out to be cauliflowers with two having grown rapidly since I checked them on Saturday and almost ready for harvest.   Needless to say I bought a big fat cauli yesterday............   
Obxx - Vendée France

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 12:33:32 »
We are working away on the plot. Hardly anyone there.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 14:08:00 »
We are all getting an email telling everybody to respect everyone's space. I let the sec know this morning I use  the allotment as a sanctuary, please tell people to keep a distance from me. I also told her as I am usually the first one in on a weekday I am disinfecting the gate, but everybody should do it if they can. I do not need any of the sites equipment like barrows etc so that is up to them to be safe. We are pretty lucky here, cliff walks, forest walks, remote beaches where I can go angling. Feel sorry for the townies, but at least they have balconies to sing on. We are also setting up a virtual folk club where we can chat, play a tune and join in the chorus of A Farmers Boy. Everywhere I need is within cycling distance which is handy as I notice the buses are running empty, they will be cutting down on the service soon. Somebody told me there are still quite a few coaches full of saga-nauts getting their cheap out of season breaks, I expect they will have to go home soon. But there we go Keep calm and keep digging.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal