Author Topic: Building a raised pond?  (Read 7090 times)

gray1720

• Hectare
Building a raised pond?
« on: May 12, 2020, 13:06:25 »
I'd like a pond. There, got that off my chest!

Really and truly I'd like to encourage wildlife, which means being deep enough for frogs to hibernate, which would mean a sizable hole for not that large an area of garden. This is all still in the ifs and buts stage, as there's a lot of work to do elsewhere first, but I'm currently collecting rocks for a rockery and am vaguely wondering whether I can combine the two - build up around the pond and hide the lift with the rockery, and maybe use a couple of flat rocks to run water over to provide aeration.

However, I'm wondering how easy this would be with laying a liner over an area I've built up with rocks (sharp corners and so on), and also a bit bothered that I might end up with this thing like a soggy pimple in the middle of the garden (I do know that I really don't want a formal raised pond). Has anyone else done anything similar, or knows of anywhere where I might see something similar, to give me more clue first?

Many thanks,

Adrian :kermit: (Frog smiley - very apt!)
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
anything