General > News

could there be a worse time i think not

(1/4) > >>

johhnyco15:
had a fall over the weekend dam arthritis and the result is a broken ankle   ive so  much planting out to do courgettes runner beans sweetcorn cucumbers  squash tomatoes all in the greenhouse and this week is my planting week and awaiting appointment with the fracture clinic i hope it will be less than 6 weeks with this dam air boot thingy  i think it will be a black sack over the boot and have to lay down to plant the 400 plants that have to go in the joys of getting old

Palustris:
Sorry to hear that. Hope it eventually heals properly for you. No one to give a hand? (or maybe a foot?)

Tee Gee:

--- Quote ---the joys of getting old
--- End quote ---

Tell me about it I am finding that I have the mind of a 40 year old that wants the body of an 80 year old to do what  I used to do.

Sadly I am finding the body is winning!

But as the say Johnnie; if there is way way you will find it!

Do you have one of those stools that doubles as a kneeling pad and a seat. Never thought I would ever need one but now I find it a blessing as I can use my upper body and shoulders to get up and down a bit easier when planting.

galina:
Sorry to hear this.  I broke my ankle years ago and it was possible (with care and keeping the plaster clean) to carry on working in some sort of fashion. 

Now is probably time to call in a few favours and get help, especially with watering in and lugging heavy watering cans, unless you are allowed to use a hosepipe due to the special circumstances. 

As you say, not a good time but with help from friends and family, it should be possible to stay on top of the planting up.  Good luck.  :wave:

lezelle:
Hi Ya, Sorry to hear of your ankle J15, I know where your coming from as I had a major op last October and it went wrong. The stent in my left artery blocked and due to the shortage of blood supply I can only walk short distances. It really does hurt and wit my hips as well I try to do bits but having been used to mobility to suddenly be restricted is very frustrating. I do what I can and have had some help though very little. I have had to get some weed suppressant material to lay down to help me. I have to sit down and allow the leg to get an oxygen supply so its 20 mins sitting and only 5 doing things. Still chin up and away I go so good luck and take care. You will have to wait as they will want the swelling to subside. Good luck mate

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version