General > News

Weeding clearing, aching!

<< < (3/3)

Tee Gee:

--- Quote ---Well whatever you do please please please do not leave it cluttered with rubbish. Over the years I have probably taken on half a dozen "new" plots. Some have been very overgrown, weed covered and in need of hard work. But a steady approach soons gets it under control.
--- End quote ---

Well guys and gals nearly finished with the general tidy up of the plot. Would you consider this to be a tidy enough state to leave it in?(see pics below)

All I have to do now; is to sort through the junk/bric a brac in the two greenhouses that I have collected over the last twenty years to see if there is anything I might want to keep for future use and dig over the greenhouse beds. (Picture to follow when complete)

johhnyco15:
tg now im going to put the cat amonst the pigeons as it were  when ive taken on new plots plots in the past ive had to sort thru junk and the like and ive really enjoyed going back looking at what past plot holders have been using i think its part of the soul of allotments ive still got some stuff that was left from 20years ago when i first started godonly knows how old it really is but i still use it now and again from old books to forks and spades so please dont be too clinical when clearing your plot as you have been a great custodian so leave alittle of yourself behind so the next plot holdercan wonder what you were like

Tee Gee:

--- Quote ---leave a little of yourself behind so the next plot holder can wonder what you were like
--- End quote ---

That was the plan I have checked with my son & daughter if they need any tools and they don't so I will be leaving a well worn spade, a digging fork,a muck fork,a rake a back hoe, bird netting to name but a few, and the best thing of all my plot is the only one on the site free of "club root"

As I will be leaving a few friends behind on the plots when I leave I will have reason to go and visit them on occasions and see who my successor is and how they are getting on.

Just remembered; I have always  used spread sheets when following my rotation and bed plan so there are a quite a few of these pinned up in the greenhouse for the new tenant if they want to continue the rotation plan!

Found these photos of how my plot was when I took it over on 25th January 1994 (sorry for the quality)

OldBob:
What can I say TeeGee. I am so jealous of whoever follows you. I wish mine had been as good as that when I took it over. Will it do - Oh yes!

woodypecks:
Hi poor OldBob .......... me too !  :happy7:     :coffee2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version