Produce > Non Edible Plants

Ornamental seed saving circle 2016

<< < (4/25) > >>

Jayb:

--- Quote from: markfield rover on April 01, 2016, 09:08:54 ---and crossing over to edibles second year carrots that flower last well too.

--- End quote ---

I had some flowering purple carrots last year and they are so pretty too, the flowers are tinged a purply colour and look great alongside the white ones. I'm aiming to save some mixed coloured seed this year.

I thought I might have a better picture but I can't find it at the moment. It gives an idea of how they looked though

markfield rover:
Ooh lovely Jayb  I have sown purple carrots but being impatient I am off to replant some . I am also sowing asparagus for a filler. We are going to have some gorgeous arrangements.

sunloving:
That's lovely and a brilliant idea, I've had in my mind a while now to have a look at leek flowers because the bees love them so much and they are so easy to grow. And have brilliant vaselife . Love that we can try non traditional ornamentals. X sun loving. Ps thankyou for the sticky. I'm happy to send out the parcels no need for paypal. It's just sending to me will be slightly more expensive . I think up to 100g is £1.35 rather than 65p.

I've got some green nicotiana langsdorfii germinated this morning and achillea cerise queen fingers crossed those tiny things make it to seed set as they are lovely.
Exciting to be swapping new varieties I think the first year is a good chance to swap good doers with specials being a treat. Maybe we could have a wants list to to stimulate some sed saving.
 For instance I have been hopeless at astrantia and wondered if anyone might be able to save some fresh seed? X sun loving
Sorry for rambling nature of post !

--- Quote from: Jayb on April 08, 2016, 08:45:47 ---
--- Quote from: markfield rover on April 01, 2016, 09:08:54 ---and crossing over to edibles second year carrots that flower last well too.

--- End quote ---

I had some flowering purple carrots last year and they are so pretty too, the flowers are tinged a purply colour and look great alongside the white ones. I'm aiming to save some mixed coloured seed this year.

I thought I might have a better picture but I can't find it at the moment. It gives an idea of how they looked though

--- End quote ---

Silverleaf:
I'm not really experienced with flowers at all (and I have very few) but I could perhaps do something easy like nasturtiums, aquilegia, calendula, etc?

Mostly I only grow things that I can eat (or that my rabbits can eat)!

Silverleaf:
Also happy to act as a hub if being in the UK helps!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version