Author Topic: just one stringy bean  (Read 1446 times)

ACE

• Hectare
just one stringy bean
« on: August 10, 2015, 15:15:34 »
That's it I cannot eat the rest. A boyhood memory of being fed stringy beans as nothing was wasted and the beans in use were more fit for saving for seed. So it is down to me to prepare the beans for freezing as I do not trust her to do it properly.

I huge box of beens to do and I cannot find my old bean slicer. Rang her up to ask were it was hidden, What does it look like? there I knew she was slacking when the beans were done for dinner yesterday, she didn't even know we had one. So I went and ordered  one online ready for next time and got on with the job with the spud peeler gaffer taped to the worktop.

Loads of different slicers now for sale the good old plastic square with blades are still about but I got one that tops and tails, slices and strings them and easy to hold. But there were rotary ones, fittings for the food processor special spud peeler type ones, loads of them, Amazon had sold out of the popular one so everybody with beans must have 'lost' their old one.

I had to order online as there is an event called Cowes Week on at the moment and unless you want yellow wellies, sou'westers or rust coloured trousers it is no use trying to shop in town and if you asked for a bean slicer they would think it is some new sort of sailing equipment and offer you a genoa sail saying it will do the same thing.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: just one stringy bean
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 18:26:11 »
I think a genoa sail, even for a dinghy, would be just a teeny bit bigger so easy to spot it wasn't a bean slicer/stringer/whatever.

Obxx - Vendée France

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal