Author Topic: Alternative to Armillatox  (Read 8654 times)

naff

• Quarter Acre
Alternative to Armillatox
« on: February 23, 2015, 21:58:52 »
Has anyone found an alternative to Armillatox now that it's no longer available? I used to use it pre planting / sowing for carrots and brassicas
and for watering in.
Naff.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: Alternative to Armillatox
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 22:31:44 »
You can get Armillatox here:

http://www.gro-welldirect.co.uk/garden-sundires/cleaners-disinfectants/armillatox1ltr/

I has not ben banned but I it has been reclassified as a cleaner rather than a fungicide!

Sorry I have just read the article again and see that it is out of stock, but as I always got my stock from here so I would suggest you drop them an email to see if they can get you some or put you on to another supplier.

I seem to recall that they stopped selling it because it become too expensive and it wasn't selling so they decided to stop stocking it, but they may know of someone that dose.

I am going to try Jeyes fluid as an experiment this year to see if it has the same properties as Armillatox, it certainly smells the same and is a cleaner!

Let us know how you get on!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 22:43:29 by Tee Gee »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 06:17:26 »
Growell (see the website on the last post) has it back in stock in couple of months time, but if you are in hurry,
I would give a ring for some garden centres in you area....I'm sure someone will have stock on their shelves...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:18:58 by goodlife »

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 08:40:07 »
Growell (see the website on the last post) has it back in stock in couple of months time, but if you are in hurry,
I would give a ring for some garden centres in you area....I'm sure someone will have stock on their shelves...

Look again! It is back in stock May 2013  :glasses9:

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 10:32:09 »

Look again! It is back in stock May 2013  :glasses9:

Ahh... :glasses9:

I still have some left in my bottle for another year or two...but perhaps making enquiring call for the company itself would in place..

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 20:50:40 »
my local garden centre has it I'm sure one in your area will have some to i use it for white rot on my onions and found it  works OK
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal