Author Topic: A few flowers  (Read 2953 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
A few flowers
« on: June 30, 2014, 19:35:06 »
Took these this afternoon;

Ornithaligum

Pelargonium

Aconitum (Monkshood)

Alyssum

Persicaria affinis-Donald Lowndes

Dianthus

Red Valarian

Pansy

Pansy

Rose-New Dawn

Lobelia

Sambacus niger

Clematis-Flora filigree

Persicaria affinis-Donald Lowndes

Fuchsia-Paula Jane

Clematis seiboldii

Clematis-Diana

claybasket

• Hectare
Re: A few flowers
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 19:54:13 »
Tee Gee     your photos were lovely ,and I was wondering if you had any seeds from your monkhood ? Ive not saw one for a long time I use to have the dark purple one ,but moved house and didn't take it with me will swap some dark purple poppy seed the flowers are amazing? clayB.

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 21:30:15 »
Another lovely collection of flower photos. I'm envious, my floral display in the garden is not up to standard this year - health problems with  my pacemaker

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 10:15:31 »
Tee Gee     your photos were lovely ,and I was wondering if you had any seeds from your monkhood ? Ive not saw one for a long time I use to have the dark purple one ,but moved house and didn't take it with me will swap some dark purple poppy seed the flowers are amazing? clayB.

I don't have any seeds as such as these plants were sown teens of years ago and keep coming up year on year.

Perhaps I can save some seeds from the plants when the flowers are spent!

I did have a blue/ purple one as well but it hasn't flowered yet will take a picture if and when it does!

I will let you know if I am successful in saving some seeds.

I have marked the white one to enable me to keep the seeds from each of the plants separated, not that this really matters as most plants do not always come true to the parent. I will do the same with the other plant when it flowers.

Watch this space...Tg

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 14:53:39 »
How lovely! I do regret sometimes not having a garden in which to grow flowers. The lottie is limited to a hollyhock, a rose bush, marigolds and some irises, as well as the herbs that flower!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal