Author Topic: Allotment bullies  (Read 4209 times)

patricia2612

Allotment bullies
« on: January 15, 2014, 12:26:30 »
Hello everybody,

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me please?!

I am posting this thread on my fathers behalf who has an allotment in the North London area.

He has had his allotment for over 22 years now and over the past few years has been a victim of some really nasty bullying from his neighbours on either side of him. Just to give you some idea of what they have done for instance is urinating on his shed countless times. Leaving excrement in the walkway towards his shed, poisoning some of his vegetation and throwing raw meat behind his shed attracting rats.

They on the other hand have been making wine, getting drunk etc and basically causing my father a lot of stress. I cannot bare to see him this way and really want to help him in any way I can. He has serious heart and asthma problems and going to his allotment is his only piece of enjoyment and now it is being ruined by these vile people who to top it off are part of the committee and who are bringing in new people to the allotments who are skipping the waiting lists, preventing local people from getting a chance of having an allotment. He really has no one to turn to and the other members of the committee have basically told him to leave it alone and just get on with it. But that is just crazy! He now has gradually stopped going due to all of these problems and I am so angry that he is being made to feel like this.

The problem is I just do not know where to begin. Does anyone know who I can contact regarding this or where I can find out whether he has any rights?

Does anyone think anything can be done?

I would really really appreciate any feedback/help from anyone.

Thank you in advance.

Patricia

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
Re: Allotment bullies
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 12:31:00 »
Yes get an injunction in the county court

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 12:58:48 »
It's terrible but my advice is that he looks for another allotment somewhere else.

steve76

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 14:50:02 »
Do not move site don't give in to them, Why don't you find out who the site belongs to and take photo evidence to these people telling them this is their so called committee letting their friends jump the waiting list and disgusting defecating on the site. :angry4:

Things like this make my blood boil :angry5:

Nora42

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 16:31:52 »
this is very disturbing behaviour - maybe try to get a list of people who are on the committee and talk to others who like your father are not - there must be more not on the committee than are and maybe you can get them all to write a letter of support for your Dad and one of complaint to the council or landlord. get copies of the landlords contract and see how they are breaking the rules

as a last ditch I would get the police involved this is antisocial behaviour after all, I say as a last ditch as escalating any complaint to this level may antagonise the culprits more.
 Could you be more specific as to where your dads Allotment is  and which London borough it is under - the council should take antisocial behaviour seriously if on their property - write to them. still no joy get the press involved.
Nora
Norf London

digmore

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 19:26:33 »
What site is this happening on?

Council or private?

Are you a plot holder?

Over what time scale is this taking place?

What actions has your dad taken over this matter?

Digmore  :wave:

Buster54

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 22:24:23 »
You or your Dad cant do diddly squat without evidence you or he has to take pictures that show date and time,video the neighbours making a nuisance,put all complaints in writing and send them by recorded delivery to the committee or council when you have enough evidence,but not until,the modern mobile is good enough to capture enough pointed in the right direction and hidden from view.

Below is a link to Ealing council allotment rules,most allotments up and down the country have their own rules but  basically there all the same 
http://www.ealing.gov.uk/downloads/download/555/allotment_rules
I'm not the Messiah - I'm a very naughty boy."

mrgrower

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 16:28:13 »
The role of scum is to build up around you so clogging up the positive energy lines.

These scum are now on the committee so have their own little bit of power you have to ask who voted them on there?

Unless he is prepared for a fight and to then be painted as the trouble causer and also cause himself further stress the only thing I can suggest is keep his head down dig a hole that he shoves the scum shat and other stuff in ( Good fertilizer ) or dump it back over with a smile or last option quit and give them exactly what they want.

Otherwise get down their with him and make his time enjoyable.

Mr G
Veg glorious veg

Squashman

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 16:37:44 »
I had a bit of problem with one of my plots. Plants destroyed, fruit bushes pull up, windbreak slashed with a knife. I had a good idea who the culprits were so I used a covert camera,  recorded them them in the act. They are now gone.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal