Author Topic: Broke my new years resolution already  (Read 2480 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Broke my new years resolution already
« on: January 02, 2014, 19:31:34 »
I was thinking of  what I should do this year and decided on a haircut. But I stuck my head through the door and saw the prices. Blimey! How much? Plus the girl cutting looked a bit too young and the bloke looked a bit light on the loafers and I could not put up with his prattling for too long.

My last haircut was free, that was in the navy 43 years ago, didn't bother since. But a long haired pensioner looks a bit silly. It keeps its own length usually because of working in amongst the shrubs, dirt, and riding the Harley, it comes out in the brushing. Now I am not doing so much it has grown a few inches longer than usual and strangles me in bed if I forget to tie it up. It also blows around my face with all this wind lately and I refuse to have a ponytail.

Still I have a solution, grow a humungus beard, like that duck dynasty mob, that will keep the hair out of my face and a long knitted nightcap should have enough room to tuck it all in at night.

My new resolution shall now be stop giving things up for new year.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: Broke my new years resolution already
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 14:39:30 »
Doesn't the Yeti look after your golden locks for you Ace?
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
Re: Broke my new years resolution already
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 08:58:42 »
I had my long locks(ponytail only when bobble hat on) shaved off when the Mrs was having chemo,now when it gets to that stage of just growing over me tab's,it drives me crackers and just have to get it cut......and at a tenner(£9.50 with 50p tip) a time it's like having a bloody mortgage  :sad5:.....so if I wo yo I'd leave the bugger long Ace.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal