Author Topic: Wild Garlic Skordalia Feta Cheese Jacket Potato  (Read 1845 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Wild Garlic Skordalia Feta Cheese Jacket Potato
« on: May 28, 2013, 14:40:32 »
Its that time of year again when all them damp spots under the trees or country hedgerows will have plenty of Wild Garlic Gaggin for me to pick and use in all sorts of Recipes.

This Lunchtime Jacket Spud is a fav,if you can source the Wild Garlic give it a try..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INGREDIENTS

2 large, floury potatoes (about 500g)

1 big handful wild garlic leaves (about 30g), finely chopped

Juice of ½ lemon

1 tsp white-wine vinegar

200ml extra-virgin olive oil

Fine sea salt

Assemble ingredients

The Flowers,Stems and Leaves are all edible.

Chop the Leaves fine

Oven cook the Jacket potatoes till cooked through,stab the potato with a knife,if there is no resistance the contents should be done.

Remove the potato from its skin and put into a mixing bowl,then work with a fork and rub to a smooth consistency.

Add the chopped Wild Garlic Leaves,lemon juice,white wine vinegar and then add the Olive oil a Tbsp at a time ,keep mixing till you have  a nice smooth paste,season with the salt.

Replace the Skordalia mixture back into the Jacket Potato shells and then
rip some Feta Cheese into pieces and place on the Jacket Spuds.

Place the Jacket Spuds under the Grill till slightly browned so the Feta Cheese is softened.

Serve with your favourite Lunchtime Salad,drizzle some More Olive Oil over the plate.

""Wild Garlic Skordalia Feta Cheese Jacket Potato""

Enjoy

Gazza

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Wild Garlic Skordalia Feta Cheese Jacket Potato
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 16:43:51 »
Another stunning recipe.  Was wondering what to have for lunch and a nice jacket potato will be lovely though not as well presented as yours.

I do not have a source of wild garlic but do have some clumps of last years garlic coming up around the  lottie.   

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 16:20:31 »
I'm given to understand Newark park nr wotton under Edge south Cotswolds has some wild garlic in the vicinity Digeroo. :wave:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 16:29:12 »
Great idea I have not visited Newark park.  It is on my must do list.  But I think nearly an hours drive for some wild garlic is a bit too far.   

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 19:46:31 »
We drove 2 1/2 hours to Tyneham village Dorset for mine.. :tongue3:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal