Author Topic: Runner Beans  (Read 1991 times)

brown thumb

• Hectare
Runner Beans
« on: May 04, 2013, 21:23:15 »
have any one put out their runner bean plants yet , mines still in the poly tunnel  do i dare to start Hardning them off. Their getting  quite tall now. as i was expecting the last frost at the end of march down here and we had one on Thursday night but none since

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Re: Runner Beans
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 23:06:15 »
I've been hardening off my Cobra and Moonlight beans all week and today took the risk of planting them out in their wigwam tubs - albeit well-wrapped in fleece for a few days!

Last night the low was 11.2C in my sheltered garden here in the S.W. and now at 11pm it is still 13C, so I think (and hope!) that the nights will no longer get too chilly for the beans. Haven't planted out anything else yet though.

Tricia

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 05:34:24 »
I have put a few out under bottle cloches but I have plenty of beans to replace if necessary.

Where is 'down here'?   I have know frosts into June.   I keep a good eye on the weather forecast and rush out with covering when necessary.   

brown thumb

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 08:07:00 »
I now  can say i`am down in the sunny south west of  cornwall  ,At least it has  been sunny this past week lol

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal