Author Topic: Daylight saving clock change  (Read 6532 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Daylight saving clock change
« on: March 03, 2013, 22:49:05 »
Does anyone know why clocks change 33 days after the equinox in September, but instead of changing again 33 days before the March equinox is does not change until 13 days after.  I personally still think it should change to BST in February.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: Daylight saving clock change
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 23:11:38 »
Would be dead inconvenient for me, I can use the early mornings to get some digging done before catching bus to work (hour and a bit bus ride) but if the clocks cahnged early I wouldn't be able to and for most of March I still wouldn't be home in time to do ay digging in the evening...

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 08:30:10 »
I am very impressed with your early morning digging.  Too cold for me, I put my nose outside and bring it straight back in.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 09:30:03 »
If you look at the actual old and new sunrise times when you make the changes it makes some sort of sense.

Personally I think these time changes should be got rid of by banning winter.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 23:40:28 »
I am very impressed with your early morning digging.  Too cold for me, I put my nose outside and bring it straight back in.

Too cold for me too at the moment... I did say "can", I didn't say "am currently" :D... WIth the windchill it was -11 this morning... that's pet hat weather that is...

Pet Hat

chrisc

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 07:34:52 »
 :toothy10:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal