Author Topic: Metal sheds  (Read 1953 times)

zygote01

• Not So New ...
Metal sheds
« on: January 03, 2013, 14:56:39 »
Hi all,
I am in the process of replacing shed and wanted to know peoples views on metal sheds do you have problems with condensation in cold weather or heat in summer? Any positives or negatives between metal and wooden sheds would be great.

Linnea

• Quarter Acre
Re: Metal sheds
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 22:02:56 »
we have a metal shed at work for storing tools in. there is definitely condensation in cold weather, cold drips down the back of the neck as you pick up tools is not pleasant!. can't advise about heat as we haven't had any since I've been at that job!

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 22:22:34 »
Bolt it to something heavy ie: concrete fence posts/slabs.  A former neighbour had one and every time the wind blew it went over.  One day in very gusty winds heard a loud cling noise and watched it flying up and down the allotments.  Needless to say end of shed.

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 07:40:05 »
I've had a metal shed for years and never had problems, however it is an old one and therefor very heavy and robust. I've seen them for sale in recent years some are smaller and probably lighter could have problems as above.

zygote01

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 20:21:05 »
Thankyou all, I will avoid them as views on web sites not the best and what you all have said makes me think I should go for what I know and thats the good old wooden shed.  :happy7:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal