Author Topic: Boxing day blues  (Read 1567 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Boxing day blues
« on: December 26, 2012, 10:58:32 »
Not for me. Out in a while to play a few tunes for the local morris dance sides, that should blow the cobwebs out plus a hair of the dog to get me back on form. Then into the pub for some good old fashioned folk singing and a load of rousing tunes from the massed musicians, fiddles, flutes, concertinas, melodeons, bodhrans and anything else people can play. What are you doing?

If you are looking for some entertainment today google your local morris dance side, most go out on boxing day. It used to be to entertain the boxing day hunt followers, but nowadays the hunters keep their meets a secret.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
Re: Boxing day blues
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 12:36:30 »
Any chance you could put it on youtube?

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 13:21:26 »
Not bored here lots of frantic board game playing in out house, only have the 'kids' (19 and 22) for half the time as they're spending new year with their father. We're part way through Battlestar Galactica right now.

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 18:20:47 »
sounds great fun Ace, no blues here either just glad to have finished work and had my tea!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 20:50:20 »
Not a chance in this house, just had the last of the visitors go, we've had our 4 grandchildren here along with the rest of the family and are quite glad of the quiet now  :toothy10:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal