Author Topic: operation yew tree  (Read 3539 times)

ACE

• Hectare
operation yew tree
« on: December 06, 2012, 16:43:28 »
More and more people being named, I can't really believe it from some of them. I expect it is closure to some extent for some of the victims. But cynical old me is thinking the compo might be drawing some of them out of the woodwork. I won't name any myself, a quick search will give you the names. But for one so far  un-named  bloke, I just can't believe he would ever be involved, he has only been questioned so far, so keeping my fingers crossed he is in the clear.

In the sixties 'free love' was the buzz word and a lot of young girls and lads were going at it like rabbits, some now must regret their lifestyle, but to all of a sudden start shouting about it will not change things. Don't get me wrong, If a pervy old sort was involved, send him down. But a teenager who's baws ruled his brain, should be made to sweat it out a bit in the pension queue when  he gets the evil eye from some old sort.

I used to go out on the razzle on a saturday night, (I ain't telling you where) but the 'free love' was a bit on the scarce side in the town I lived in. You had to be courting a couple of months before there was any howsyerfather. Once the girls parents caught sight of me on my motorbike, never saw them again.

Nigel B

• Hectare
Re: operation yew tree
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 17:26:03 »
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SNIP ...................... But for one so far  un-named  bloke, I just can't believe he would ever be involved, he has only been questioned so far, so keeping my fingers crossed he is in the clear........................

With respect ACE, and without trying to make this personal at all, but isn't this ^^^^^" fingers crossed, hope it goes away "^^^^ attitude exactly how people get away with this particular manifestation of evil  in the first place?
In part, I think, our (as parents, friends or relatives) collective unwillingness to discuss such crimes openly, might make us just a little guilty too?

I believe that, in a society that could talk openly of all things sexual, deviants would stick out a mile. Wouldn't they?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 17:28:12 by Nigel B »
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 17:27:39 »
Yebbut, Ace ....

Operation Yewtree hasn't arrested anyone like you (or me) who might have had a fumble in our teens with a young lady who hadn't reached their 16th birthday.

They are ALL people who by virtue of their fame or celebrity were in positions of power over girls much, much younger than they were and knew full well that they were below the age of consent.  Even though the girls may have been "up for it", and the blokes then in their twenties or thirties, they had a duty not to exploit the situation.

Frankly, any bloke who's no longer in his teens, and takes an interest in 13 or 14 year old girls is a bit creepy.

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 17:50:04 »

Up at our local, we had what was called 'the stiff club'.  you pulled a name out of a hat at the start of the year (latecomers nominated their person) and we paid in a £1 a week.  The holder of the next person to die got the kitty!

Shall we start a club here to guess who will be dragged in by the feds for 'an informal chat' next? :wave:

Cheers,   Tony.
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 18:05:55 »

With respect ACE, and without trying to make this personal at all, but isn't this ^^^^^" fingers crossed, hope it goes away "^^^^ attitude exactly how people get away with this particular manifestation of evil  in the first place?

My fingers are crossed for my sake. If this bloke is guilty, I will never be able to trust anybody again. But I agree with what you are saying.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 18:34:15 »
Ace, I always thought in the 60s that only 50% of the population believed in "free love", the other 50% were women

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 18:42:06 »
Ace, I always thought in the 60s that only 50% of the population believed in "free love", the other 50% were women

:laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11:
sanity is overated

Poolcue

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 20:18:58 »

Up at our local, we had what was called 'the stiff club'.  you pulled a name out of a hat at the start of the year (latecomers nominated their person) and we paid in a £1 a week.  The holder of the next person to die got the kitty!

Shall we start a club here to guess who will be dragged in by the feds for 'an informal chat' next? :wave:

Cheers,   Tony.

Can I have Lord Sugar cos he grooms a bunch of youngsters each week in the Young Apprentice

rugbypost

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 20:33:28 »
The sad truth is the poor girls and the women have had to live with the people who we thought that could be trusted. I.E Police, C.P.I. BBC, POLITICIANS, JUDGES, They have all got to put there hands up for all there sakes lets hope the truth comes out, I hope its not just for the money but then again who in there right minds would want of Seville's money Lets all hope everyone that has been harmed find a end to it .
m j gravell

queenbee

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 22:33:36 »
Could anyone out there tell me how I can find a boss in the 1960's who constantly tried to "touch us up" and sometimes succeeded. I am just wondering how much I could claim. We just called him a dirty old man and that was that.  He is probably in his 90's by now.
Hi I'm from Heywood, Lancashire

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal