Author Topic: Waiting list - what waiting list?  (Read 7730 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: Waiting list - what waiting list?
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 20:33:07 »
When I took over as allotment supervisor for our town council almost 4 years ago the waiting list was in excess of 5 years.  Halving plots and evicting tenants who never bother with it have now got our waiting list to less than 1 year.  I started with about 93 tenants holding 117 plots but now have 171 tenants due to the amount of half plots - as all full plots returned are halved to reduce the waiting list.  If the time comes for us to have no waiting list..... I have a waiting list of tenants waiting for a second half plot.  They will get priority over existing tenants who already hold one or more full plots from years gone by. 
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

okra

• Hectare
  • Grow your own its much safer
    • Cyprus Gardener
Re: Waiting list - what waiting list?
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 07:16:40 »
Spuds carrots Onions Cabbage all went up by nearly 23% last week in local Asdas. Spuds were £2.00 the week before now last week were £2.50. Allotment may be a hobby to some but just wait it will soon become a necessity. Yes keeping a plot means work and you have to take the disappointments with the joys of harvesting gluts. Its not only to grow good food but also a social thing also I do it to keep fit and active and keep the old grey matter alert. I just totted up my harvest for the past season and I saved £439.12 off my food bill some may say that's not bad but I was expecting at least £1050.00 the drop has been due to the wet summer but as  old chap said to me "theres always next year"   :sunny:

Couldn't put it better and if you grow soft fruits you are quids in.
Grow your own its much safer - http://www.cyprusgardener.co.uk
http://cyprusgardener.blogspot.co.uk
Author of Olives, Lemons and Grapes (ISBN-13: 978-3841771131)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal