Author Topic: Woo Hoo  (Read 1990 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Woo Hoo
« on: October 28, 2012, 15:30:52 »
Just got back from my travels and started to sort all the junk mail from the  bills that have come through the letterbox while we were away and found a letter from the taxman with a substantial cheque inside. I unknowingly overpaid way back in 2006 and they have decided to give it back with nearly £70 interest.

It should help to pay a few bills this winter plus the new overcoat I grabbed at a bargain price from Pearsons when we were slumming it around Enfield last friday. I also went into tescos there to buy a cheap tin of choccies but I was told they have been cleaned out by a greedy lady who keeps buying them all up. We stayed near Spurs training ground but it wasn't half noisy with the M25 next door to the caravan site. Not like the lovely peaceful site at York, which was a loverly place to visit with plenty to do and see plus free toilets, not like London where it cost me 40p for  jimmy riddle. We travelled up the A1 to York, better than the M1 as you can stop and make a cuppa and a sarnie in a lay by. We stopped just as we got far enough north when the road turns to cobbles and gave a fesh brew to a very helpful truck driver who gave us the heads up on the best roads to use to get to our destination. Anybody going up there with a caravan, stop at Cherry tree camp site at Nether Poppleton. A great site, nice owners, fresh eggs and a bus stop right outside to the city centre.

We also stopped at Cambridge for a few days on the way up, but there was an airshow nearby and it was a bit noisy with spitfires and old bombers buzzing about.

Well thats my summer break over so had better go  back to do some work, still just a couple of weeks then it will my xmas break.

pumkinlover

Re: Woo Hoo
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 17:03:53 »
Was wondering what you were up to, noticed not been on the forum for a bit!!
I think that you see where we all live and come to check it out :toothy10:

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 18:26:45 »
I must tell my OH they paid you interest as well....they recently paid back his over paid tax from about the last 5 years but no interest. Thanks for that info Ace...you really are Ace! :toothy10:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 18:39:38 »
ACE in Enfield, good heavens.  I used to work in Pearsons, many years ago, in the toy department.  I didn't buy all the sweets in Tesco's, just bought them all in the local Co-op.  Just think you were only a stones throw from my lovely allotment.  Agree Enfield is a bit of a dump, I hate Tesco's.  Hope you got a good bargain in Pearsons.

daveylamp993

• Acre
    • theallotmentandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 18:53:50 »
ACE Did you go on the ghost walk from the golden ball pub when you was in york ?
The BEST Organisation for Allotmenteers is theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk JOIN NOW,Much better and FAR Cheaper than N.S.A.L.G.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 19:31:44 »
ACE Did you go on the ghost walk from the golden ball pub when you was in york ?

We went on a ghost walk but not from the Golden Ball, very entertaining, also went to the Castle museum and I found a nice little  music shop selling concertinas so I spent an hour trying them all out. The owner did not mind, in fact we payed a couple of duets and encouraged a few more people into his shop to listen to the music. A nice market selling all sorts of strange foreign food took another couple of hours to get around. Bus ticket for the day cost £3.70 for the missus, I have a bus pass, so we went all over the place and I tried a few diffent ales while she went into all the shops. Didn't do the viking bit this time as we will definately be going back again. We did pop over to Whitby for some fish and chips on the pretense of driving across the moors. I was going to get her some jet jewelry but the price seems to have gone sky high for what is basically a lump of polished coal.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 19:55:19 »
Glad you enjoyed York, Ace, even if the weather has been lousy the last week or so.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 21:14:24 »
Time you came to Edinburgh matey! That would make you value England!!  :tongue2:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 22:18:59 »
Glad you enjoyed York, Ace, even if the weather has been lousy the last week or so.

Do you know, it only seemed to rain at night, a bit foggy at times but quite warm, didn't spoil our break.

Time you came to Edinburgh matey! That would make you value England!!  :tongue2:

Been there, done that. We played a gig at the Barrowlands years ago and decided to have a trip to Edinburgh before we returned to England. It was closed :tongue3:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal