Author Topic: A question re rain barrel pump  (Read 1427 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
A question re rain barrel pump
« on: May 04, 2012, 20:05:25 »
I bought the Lidl pump and have it assembled but nowhere in the instructions does it say whether the pump can be left in the barrel between uses. It would be a bit of a bind having to take it out and clean it after each use! What do other users do?

Tricia

green lily

• Hectare
Re: A question re rain barrel pump
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 21:16:17 »
I take my hoselock pump out between uses and lock it in the shed... I only clean when necessary- like when I dropped it and had to glue the casing back together. But you do have to let it drain then I stand it on a plastic saucer in the shed to save it wetting the floor.

Amazingrotavator(Derby)

• Half Acre
  • My best mate
    • www.mandjderbygardens.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 16:31:21 »
I do the same as green lily.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 22:53:27 »
Thanks - I was hoping someone would come along and tell me they leave the pump in the rain barrel  :-\. I have six rain barrels, each on a stand which makes them quite high to lift the pump in and out of without standing on a ladder. At my age with a gammy leg - not a good idea!

Currently, the garden is getting a good soaking every day or so from above, so the rain barrels are all overflowing. As summer progresses I'll see how it goes by leaving the pump in the barrel during dry periods till it is half empty - my garden is secure so I'm not worried about the pump getting stolen.

Tricia

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal