Author Topic: Environmesh repair?  (Read 1382 times)

Steve.

• Half Acre
    • The Nook
Environmesh repair?
« on: April 23, 2012, 17:41:06 »
I've a large piece of environmesh with a few holes in it (bigger than the holes that's supposed to be there)

Has anyone successfully repaired Environmesh before, if so, how?

Steve...:)
"The Nook"

Photo's copyright ©Steve Randles, however if you want one, please ask.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Environmesh repair?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 18:07:31 »
I haven't tempted to any repairs yet..although some of mine do have some holes too..but I just tend to make a bit of fold over the hole bits or beg it together with normal wooden clothes pegs.
But if you want to do a 'proper job..you could try 'darning' with fishing line and perharps giving little touch with hot metal/iron' to slightly melt the joint together..or if you have edge on your mesh that is coming undone..pull a little bit of 'yarn' and use that for perfect match.
I got instruction with mine that all the cut edges whould be 'melted' to stop them fraying. Can't see why same could not be done with 'patches' or bit of 'hand sowing'.

misfit

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 08:36:20 »
could you hot glue a patch on it ??

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:53:05 »
It darns very well with a bodkin and polyprop string. For a temporary repair you can 'stitch' it with cocktail sticks. They'll only last for a season but they might just save the day if no heat's available.

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal