Author Topic: B&Q seedling compost  (Read 8957 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: B&Q seedling compost...and Wickes MP compost...
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 09:17:00 »
Well..I have added my 'opinion' into Wickes reviews.. ;D ;D I do hope they take notice of the replies..we shall see..
At least in their site there is a option to 'speak', even if their replies are 'automated' and same repeated all over again.. ::)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: B&Q seedling compost
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 15:44:21 »
I've just read the reveiws  :o shocking to say the least.   :(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 12:39:05 »
Yes they are pretty damning......it's a shame thay have just put the same standard response to each review as well, and only then mention it is not suitable for sowing seeds in!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 17:48:09 »
Did anyone see the Beechgroce garden where the guy was compleining about glass etc in his multi-purpose? Shame he didn't give the brand name!

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 18:00:28 »
I think several of us have had glass, plastic, chunks of wood etc. I bought B & Q Which best buy last year & I had to sieve it with 2 different sizes of sieves & still lost loads of seeds :o.

sumbody

• Not So New ...
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 16:51:23 »
Just to add my little bit - Homebase mp compost is the same as Wickes this year - full of bits of straw.  I complained (although in fairness it does state on the Homebase bag that it is not for small seeds) and they agreed with me by email - although I am not sure if they are still selling it as I haven't been back/

A couple of weeks ago Wickes didnt have their own and were selling Westland mp compost which was great @ 4 for £13.  Now wickes only have this straw=based stuff @ 4 for £12.

So its off to B & Q for me in future !!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal