Author Topic: Members Pictures - Face behind a name  (Read 37334 times)

Peter H

Re:Members Pictures - Face behind a name
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2004, 13:20:30 »
Well Sue tried to look younger but it didnt work  ;D ;)

Peter

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2004, 13:25:07 »
Folic acid??

Peter H

« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2004, 13:26:36 »
Nah Tim just too much burning of hair and explosions  ;).

Peter

Sue Minton

« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2004, 13:29:56 »
LOL Peter,

I meant to say, shame that the beard has gone  :(  I like beards, not the long bushy ones but the well kept.. neatly trimmed beards, like your's  in your picture Peter  ;)

Sue

xx

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2004, 14:37:51 »
This is me, on holiday in Halidiki back in September.

Wish I was there now!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 15:21:39 by SpeedyMango »

Peter H

« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2004, 14:42:16 »
Sorry mango all it says is ' this photo no longer exists' does that mean your dead?  ;D ;).

Peter

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2004, 15:22:49 »
Ta Daaa.

I hope it's back. I'm not good with photos. Took me hours to figure out how to get one on my allotment blog, let alone this place.

Peter H

« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2004, 15:47:44 »
It's back and your defo alive  ;)

Peter

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
    • Facility of the Month, Warrington Cycle Camaign
« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2004, 16:04:27 »
Hello all,

Tim, Richard F, I will attempt to explain!  I was looking here for a few weeks and I only logged onto where it said "Today at hr:mn" and "Yesterday at hr:mn".  There were very few photos, mostly I think EJ on her motorbike,now replaced with her little boy. Then I saw ava banana, and there was another photo on a profile that I only realised last night is a stock photo on the list.

I then went back from page 15 to 13, skipped and went from page 9 to 7 or so, and got confused.  
I had read on another thread, I think Tim being very hi-tech (to me) about xp and antivirus software so I was being very ageist and thought he was early 20s.  I'm going to go back to page 1 again and go through it all again, it's early in the day, make a mental note of everyone all over again.  I didn't make any comment of any girls as it's my first post and was y'know, being careful. It is VERY easy to be misinterpreted indeed.
Someone just called me Mrs DG. I am in fact a MR. DG!!! Another Ciaran btw.

Hope that clears it up

try this one about the World Cup in Japan

Sue Minton

« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2004, 19:14:24 »
LOL Roy

No Roy, I dont have a beard,  :o all thanks to electrolysis,  ;D ;D ;D but if it is a hairy woman you are after Roy..  (pssssst there's one 2 doors up  ;) ) she makes Brian Blessed appear clean shaven   :o ;D ;D ;D

Sue

xx

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2004, 11:30:08 »
DG - only one person failed to check your gender? I always do, or one can make an awful faux pas!

If you're worried about remembering faces, get them printed out now - before they get lost like last time. = Tim

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2004, 13:51:50 »
DG, what a fascinating photo album - notice it's called "don't get married"'s album ??? Probably shouldn't ask on this thread (Gallery?) but what are they growing under that strange covering in the farm photos?  whatever it is it is sooo neat and tidy.

Good to see more photos of members.
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

wattapain

• Half Acre
« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2004, 17:22:31 »
P.S. What is "OH" by the way?

could it be ...  'other half'??
Terri          ;D

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2004, 23:15:59 »
Hi all,

yeah, I use OH for other half. Can use SO for significant other, (pardners not married, or spouses).  Either way.

Wicker, that is the biggest Wasabi farm in Japan. It's horsradish, very common in Japanese cooking, along with the soy sauce with sushi.  It's netting, about 6' high. It's not very clear, I grant you though Pic 5--1 gives best view. If you rent Akira Kurasawa's "Dream" film, the last scene is set in and beside the wooden paddle water wheels.  There is a wasabe farm on that land.  It needs a lot of water, cool and clear from the mountains. It must've been very time consuming to set it up.
All root plants are grated by hand, by old ladies...doing it right there in front of you as you walk around. No wonder it's expensive. I'm sure they believe that if it was mechanised, it wouldn't taste the same.  We were walking in when the SO said, this is where Kurawawa's Dream was made. It was on tv more than a year later and was really fed up waiting for it to come up, then at the end...about 01.30am, worth it though. Hadn't seen it before. I'd recommend it. It's a slow film, but very good looking. He transforms a Monet Wheatfield painting into a real wheatfield, by merging one with the other.

The name is from about 5 or 6 years ago, we used communicate via email before getting married, then married living here we went into an internet cafe together and made up an address to use together, she suggested it, laughing. I kept it up, not using it but at the time of taking these photos, I knew Yahoo let you have 30mb of space if you have a Yahoo address. I had to make up other addresses to handle our holiday snaps. I'll put them on the profile.

Tim, printing out is a good idea.  Will try it next week.I bought a printer about 6 months ago, installed it, but didn't work. Such a procrastinator, I haven't called the support number.  Just moved the pc downstairs 10 days ago (near the landline!)

I should also say to everyone else that I went back from page 1 to 15 and 90% of photos were missing but people kept saying "yeah lovely" and all that. Presumably that had to do with time and HP not supporting what was explained they supported...It was very frustrating.

Anyway.
bye for now.

ps we were at the mrs' grandad's grave and I was tidying up bits of ivy and stuff. The gran said something.  OH says, "that's great, but she (Gran) says watch out for snakes!!!"

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
« Reply #214 on: November 03, 2004, 15:11:22 »
What is Dublins weather like do you get the warmth of the Gulf Stream? 8)

Roy, yes all our weather is influenced by the gulf stream, like you, we get to play football and rugby all winter long, no break, and we export cattle to the continent where the fields are full of snow!!!  We don't do so well in the winter olympics though...

For your info, there is a bamboo park in sw Ireland, I had to dig up the photo album and a map to figure out the nearest town, Kenmare. If you're ever over here you should check it out.  It says Bamboo park, and i've only 2 photos of it, but if memory serves me right, it's mostly palms.  Me and better half were there in Feb 2002 to use up a few holiday days, and one day on the rentacar temp gauge it was 14c and the radio news mentioned 2c in Dublin.  To me that was and is a huge difference in such a small distance.

Nearest airport is Kerry/Farranfore, or Shannon, which is much bigger, but a little further away. Check out Ryanair or maybe AerArann.

The growing season is as in the uk longer in the south than north and later first frost and earlier last frost etc.

If I can ever get my scanner working, I'll try and show you what it's like...
regards,
Ciaran

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #215 on: November 03, 2004, 18:08:52 »
DG - yes - hp photo foreclosed on board transfer - that's why I tried to get the thing re-started back on page 13.  And we're not doing too badly? I even had a reminder tonight from hp saying I hadn't used their services for 3 months!

Amazing - the wasabe farm?

Gulf Stream? It's also the warm hearts over there?

Pronounced Kieran?? =  Tim
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 06:31:21 by tim »

windygale

• Acre
  • http://spaces.msn.com/windyspot/
    • www.rushall.org.uk
« Reply #216 on: November 06, 2004, 17:19:55 »
Hi Everybody,just helping at school sending them off for a weekend trip

later
windy
my allotment
heaven

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2004, 14:07:40 »
And you told me that your bum was like this flower:-

(__i__)  but its more like mine:-

(___________________i______________________)
 ;D ;D ;D
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

flowerbaby_uk

« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2004, 14:09:28 »
well a little white lie on my part mimi ;) :-* and peter what can i say too many crisps  ;) :-* :-*
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 14:38:04 by flower »

flowerbaby_uk

« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2004, 14:50:33 »
i had them hidden munched when u werent looking  ;D ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal