Author Topic: what's in your shed?  (Read 2492 times)

watson

what's in your shed?
« on: February 18, 2005, 00:01:47 »
What's in your shed? is a very funny feature of the Allotment DVD - www.allotment.info , where people demonstrate the huge variety of 'essentials' they keep - just in case.... a bit of an education! Small animals overwinter in mine! What have others got in theirs?

Watson

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
Re: what's in your shed?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 11:59:16 »
Since my OH tidied it all up before the winter it is a lot more organised...but I'll let you know for sure next week when we have to pack up and move house!

CLx

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 12:25:19 »
What haven't we got in our shed would probably be a shorter answer!  Shredder, chainsaw, mowers, power tools, rusty tools, broken tools, buckets, buckets with holes in, buckets with no handles, pots, broken pots, plastic pots, broken plastic pots, kids toys, kids bikes, garden furniture......you get the picture.  And amongst all of that, a large family of little squeaky furry things which munched through the kids paddling pool!

Apple Dumpling

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 12:58:58 »
I've got everything except space.  Two sheds, one at home, one at the lottie. And I've got pots and pots, garden furniture, spare water butt, BBQs (why two?) strimmers, lawnmower, rotavator, buckets, loads of tools, boxes and bags and bottles of assorted gardening type potions,  bags of carrier bags ( handy to keep at lottie), sack of netting, bamboos.  No kiddie stuff, as son is nearly 19  and has taken over the garage instead. But no broken pots, and no fluffly visitors (I think!). I love my sheds.  ;D ;D ;D

Apple Two-Sheds Dumpling

Who planted all these weeds?

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 13:31:35 »
Everything...

Basically I hate throwing things anyway, so anything that might one day be useful in the garden goes in the shed... I have a draw full of used string, a huge box of pots, a huge box of plastic bottles, all my tools - most in working order - but one pair of secarturs with the spring missing and one pair of blunt secarturs and a bent spade, the old tv cabinet, which I will make into something one day, about 100 litres of water in preparation for the summer (collected into 4l milk bottles when we run the tap for hot water), about 10 hanging baskets (but I only have only place to hang baskets!) bird seed, old vegetable suet, and mary, my resident spider.
gone to pot :D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 13:34:12 »
I don't have a shed on my allotment  :'(  :'(  :'(

I wish I did so then I wouldn't have to keep carting all my tools back and forth.  Perhaps then I wouldn't be suffering the agony of a bad back which is putting all my allotment plants in serious doubt.   :(

Wardy
I came, I saw, I composted

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 13:35:33 »
wood-that will come in useful for something! plus diy stuff, tools, flowerpots galore.  plus OH's bike, that he keeps threatening to use and lots of other stuff that gets bungd in there in a pile.
no mice in the shed (i think) but have had mice in the coal shed, where they chewed up a plastic bag for a nest!

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 15:14:54 »
Same as everyone above, including the furry friends! Plus, painting stuff, (no garage) plstic pots of every size, that I just cannot throw away cos they will all get used one day! paddling pool remenants, (same as EJ, furry friends into plastic it seems!) fold up chairs that have never been used in 6 years, but hey they may come in handy, bag of hard cement, bag of hard plaster, and that is just what can be seen from the door! Heaven knows what lurks in the back!  DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 15:23:09 »
Since yesterday's post my husband has actually come up with a second hand shed and it's actually on site.  It's not built yet though.  It has no floor, and only half a roof, but it does have a cat flap  ;D

Wardy
I came, I saw, I composted

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 17:19:40 »
only have a tool shed, but it contains (other than the tools) pop bottles waiting for a new lease of life as cloches....little cartons and plastic pots, and two mini cloches we have found on the lottie today while clearing up :)

but that about fills the shed ;)
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 17:33:39 »

I have two sheds on my lottie 8)

They contain an assortment of useful things from previous lottie

holder - loads of wood, canes,plant pots,tools, old chair, old bike,

and more...

Will need to do some sorting out this year :D

Debs

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2005, 17:34:29 »
 ::)Oh ple..ase..no furry toe curling creatures. hmm lets think all the usual garden stuff, bikes, bookcase, boxes,and the garden furniture.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 18:02:20 »
We've got one shed at home, the children's wendy house is currently used as a shed but will no doubt be reclaimed by them when the weather warms up. And today got a shed organised at the allotment which will need building. No matter how often I tidy my shed it ends up a mess within a few weeks. Contains all gardening "things" (mower, strimmer, shredder etc.), garden tools (fork, spade, rake etc.), soap making ingredients (no room in the kitchen), mountain bikes that have been used about 5 times in the last 7 years (too busy gardening, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!). Wendy house contains hen's food and straw along with children's toys. That will have to move to the other shed soon, how will it ever fit! No furry friends that I know of, yet. We've also got a garage but it is full with work stuff and tools, I don't venture in there unless I really have to, fear of being avalanched by something, it's my OH's domain.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 00:14:09 »
One spade, one brio spade, one fork, one 3-pronged fork, one brio rake, one brio draw hoe, wolf interchangeables - cultivator, dutch hoe, rake, funny looking hoe thing, bookcase, fire, stove, kettle, tea, out of date pot noodles (3 of them got that whatever in), one in date pot noodle, tea, coffee, biscuits, chair, fold up directors chair thing, two cups, a tea pot, lunchbox of sugar, books, nappies, potty (for me!), carpet (well rug), weed supressing fabric thing, polythene cloche things, secateurs, torch, radio, sieve, sm3, other seaweed foliar feed, dolomite, string, bordeaux mixture, pilot peas, trowel and hand fork, childrens hand trowel, rake and fork, tub of fat balls, box of birdseed, tray of suet treats, 2 plates, cutlery set, towel, emergency jumper - was freezing at the weekend so I put this on and brought it home..., fairy liquid, washing up bowl, ... sure there is more.... dirt probably!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 11:30:20 by Multiveg »
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2005, 14:37:50 »
Everything ... and then some more.

Plus I have a garage which is full to capacity ...  my daughter (17) announced at the weekend that she didn't realise that garages were for cars - she thougth that they were for bits of wood, tools  and other things that dad used ... and that Saturdays were when dad occupied the "garage" and made strange noises (no,  she didn't elaborate).

Always look on the bright side of life

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2005, 23:53:17 »
A Merry Tiller of course

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal