Author Topic: open letter to tesco  (Read 10523 times)

ACE

• Hectare
open letter to tesco
« on: January 12, 2012, 17:58:50 »
Stop people shopping with more than one rugrat, preferably give them more club card points if they leave the little fe**ers at home.

Stop doing that silly bogof stunt. Just let us buy one at half price.

Stop kidding us that you are doing what the customers want, it aint true unless your shareholders shop with you. (which I doubt with all the rugrats running wild)

Stop putting your flyers through the letter box

Lastly if you think that silly bint Horrocks is going to encourage me to shop with you.  You might just as well sh!t in your best hat.

I am sorry your takings are down but me and Mrs Ace went to Waitrose because we could just buy one of each, making the overall bill a bit cheaper, plus the rugrats are better behaved there.

Do all this and next year and you will be a couple of quid better off.

rugbypost

• Hectare
Re: open letter to tesco
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 18:03:29 »
 ;D ;D ;D
m j gravell

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 18:12:40 »
Heres another one:

Stop jacking all your prices up, then six weeks later dropping them back down and pretending you've cut prices, when in fact your still taking the same money off customers as you did six weeks ago, and your customers are in fact saving nothing (like you did just before Xmas)

A particularly unpleasant, underhand con trick. Thats why i dont shop in Tesco's, ASDA, Morrisons  or Sainsburys except for items provably cheaper than anywhere else.  You do not ghet cheap food fro many of these stores, you pay tyhrough the nosein all of them, its just that they are masterminds are making you think you save.

We started shopping at Aldi and Lidl, our food bill has gone down 1/3, and the stuff is just as good.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 18:15:37 by lincsyokel2 »
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

aj

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 18:46:39 »
Dear Tesco.

*Naff orf.

That is all. 

AJ

* I don't actually mean naff but don't want to get banned just yet.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 19:03:44 »
Adjust your points so I can use them when I want them rather than sending them through the post.
Increase the quality of your meat and dairy products.
Train your staff to be more polite..
Get rid of the one bruised fruit which then goes off in every pack of four.
Bring back blackcurrant tea.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 19:41:49 »
We don't shop with Tesco and I regret all the stupid times in the past that I have gone doing grocery shopping early on a Saturday morning, prefare home delivery whats a fiver for the pleasure, last Saturday lunch we called in ASDA to look at something the wife wanted, it did my head in all those people buying and queuing, have you nothing else to do? get an allotment, :) 

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 19:59:58 »
Waitrose is certainly devoid of chavvy rugrats. :)

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 20:45:38 »
Normally escape having to go to tesco as Mrs lottiman does it on her way back from work,but I did have to endure the experience last week as we were working together and I still hate shopping >:( and where do they get those people that push the home shopping trolleys  >:(

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 20:46:31 »
What is a chavvy rugrat? :)

small

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 21:15:23 »
Speak as you find...we go to Tesco at about 8am, no kids no young mums chewing and swearing, the staff are cheerful and helpful, often get a checkout opened for us...yes you need to be a bit choosy about the meat, can't say about the veg because I don't buy, but the own brand stuff is mainly fine....the car park is under cover so we (and the shopping) don't get wet, they put out those big fruit boxes for packing food so nothing gets squashed.....and there's no piped music at that time....and I exchange the vouchers for 3xvalue in train tickets.....the fuel vouchers are good too...it's not all bad!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 21:32:51 »
My Daughter shops online and has it delivered.As a young working Mum she finds this service invaluable.

I live close to town,within walking distance and do most of my shopping in the traditional way,we are blessed with Greengrocers and Butchers ,plus twice weekly market.I use Iceland a lot.I totter back with me shopping trolley.Only two of us so fairly easy.Iceland deliver free if you spend over £25.

I do visit Morrisons once a year at Christmas,that is enough for me  ;D

M&S foodhall has its attractions.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 21:44:38 »
Harriet HATES tesco i have 10 min max to do anything or else i need to take her to costa coffee for a babychino fix which will buy me another 15 min.  Thankfully we only go there to get her fromage frais which i am weaning her off.

She LOVES waitrose which is good as its our local supermarket hehe

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 22:04:12 »
Waitrose is certainly devoid of chavvy rugrats. :)

Have you seen the prices in Waitrose, holy nuts. They only have to sell three bags of tomatoes to make the same profit as ASDA does in a month. A full weeks shopping there would require a full remortgage. if yu shop at Waitrose you must have money to burn................

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 22:34:10 »
If their prices keep the riff raff out, it suites me.

pumkinlover

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 22:46:16 »
My letter to tesco would say Stop trying to take over the World. They buy up every bit of land possible in  the hope of building yet another store there. There are five of the b*****y things in Chesterfield.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 22:51:15 »
Have you seen the prices in Waitrose, holy nuts. They only have to sell three bags of tomatoes to make the same profit as ASDA does in a month. A full weeks shopping there would require a full remortgage. if yu shop at Waitrose you must have money to burn................

We did a test we bought the same things one week from Morrisons, Waitrose and tesco in alternate weeks and we threw most of the morrison food out as it spoilt, the tesco stuff was full of water and no taste and the waitrose stuff lasts longer and tastes yum and with careful shopping not much more expensive.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 23:15:34 »
My letter to tesco would say Stop trying to take over the World. They buy up every bit of land possible in  the hope of building yet another store there. There are five of the b*****y things in Chesterfield.
16 yrs ago I worked for Tesco, They were good to me ,good to their customers and I would champion them at every turn however......
A couple of years ago I watched a documentary that said their mantra was
To sell everything-to everyone, everywhere, all the time and sadly I think that's true  :(
We now do our main shop in Lidl lovely staff and fab fruit and veg,what they don't sell we get from Asda who locally have the nicest staff, not always easy to come by I know because I used to interview 'em for Tesco.I think these big companies dilute their strengths when they diversify so much.
sanity is overated

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 23:15:45 »

Theres nine in lincoln, they were going to make another but there was a storm of protest.

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 23:24:17 »
My letter to tesco would say Stop trying to take over the World. They buy up every bit of land possible in  the hope of building yet another store there. There are five of the b*****y things in Chesterfield.
16 yrs ago I worked for Tesco, They were good to me ,good to their customers and I would champion them at every turn however......
A couple of years ago I watched a documentary that said their mantra was
To sell everything-to everyone, everywhere, all the time and sadly I think that's true  :(
We now do our main shop in Lidl lovely staff and fab fruit and veg,what they don't sell we get from Asda who locally have the nicest staff, not always easy to come by I know because I used to interview 'em for Tesco.I think these big companies dilute their strengths when they diversify so much.

They do this because they have rediscoved the differnce between Consumerism and Customerisation.

100 years ago,  we had customerisation. You went i nthe local store, the shopkeeper knew you by name, knew what you bought every week, knew thename sof you husband and children.

Then supermarkets were invented. These implemented Consumerism. Shops noiw had milliosn of completely anonymous customers, but the shops knew the buying trend, knew how to buy in bulk cheap, how to market in mass, and how to prdict and advertise. Shops knew if the built a store i nan area populated predominantly by social group C1, they need to stoick it with cheap lager, or if it was social group A they needed to stock up with Bollinger.  But they had no idea who there customers were individually.

With the advent of credit cards, and  computers, and eletronic, networked tills, and loyalty cards, it suddenly became possible to apply customerisation to the milliosn of peopel who shop at your store. You can now do Customerised consumerism.

Consequently, it now also becomes possible to abandon the brute force strategy of Consumerism, because you have a foolproof way to customerise  smaller stores in a way undreamed of by a shopkeeper from 1900. That is why Tesco has adopted this strategy. They hope to wipe out the oppostion by have lots of smaller stores, custom stocked to suit the target local population, and offering a shorter trip to shop than driving all the way to the nearest ASDA.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 08:08:40 »
I went into Tesco near Heathrow bought some goods, breakfast and petrol - total £80.  I went up to the member of staff on customer services who was chatting at the time and asked if she could tell me which way I needed to drive to get to the airport.  The answer was a very rude no she could not. 

Breakfast would have been nice if it had not been cold.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal