Author Topic: Costa Concordia  (Read 3484 times)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Re: Costa Concordia
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 19:50:17 »
When I sailed back from Oz in the late 60's it was on an Italian Liner called the 'Angelina Lauro' and that was enough for me, although the ship was very comfortable it was four weeks of seeing the same faces everyday and most of them Italians, just glad we never got in the poo-poo, my mate goes on a couple of Cruises a year and keeps trying to get us on them, no chance, the caravan and Benidorm will do me  :)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 20:35:03 »
I like the idea of cruising and docking for equal amounts of days.  I don't think I could stand just being in the same 'location' on the water for 2-3 weeks no matter how big the ship and it's entertainment :-\  When I pointed this out to a friend she replied, 'it's no different to staying at a holiday camp, going out for the day and coming back in the evening' which I guess is true but it's still not for me (and I love the water so that's not an issue)

Two Choices

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 20:36:55 »
It's all very sad but I'm with Corneykew insofar as we've done three now and are bitten by the bug (two in the Med and one in the Baltic) looking to book another for later this year but have to admit will be giving Costa a wide berth  ;).... unless it's for a cuppa in the High Street!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal