Author Topic: poorley chicken  (Read 1487 times)

simmo116

• Acre
poorley chicken
« on: November 01, 2011, 20:41:37 »
hi guys can i ask your advise?

one of our new chooks is poorley,
she's sneezing and has runny eyes and nose. we took her to the vets and he prescribed some tylan antibiotics after 7 days of medcine she seems to have got worse! now gasping for breath and sounds terrible. ???
been reserching possible cases on tinternet but the symtems are similar for a number of ifections.
i cant really afford to keep going to the vets and dont want her to suffer. i have about another weeks worth of tylan. so will see if that works
 :'(
personaly i dont think she will last the night judging on what she looked like this evening

has any one else had experiances with this?

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
Re: poorley chicken
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 08:38:56 »
Oh no Sounds like shes got mycoplasma. The tylan is the correct treatment but make sure that she is actually drinking it. Reduce the amount of water in the dish and give it to them first thing with no alternative they you know that they have drunk it. Then perhaps a bit of garlic in the afternoon water to.
Good luck Makes sure she is isolated as its very infectious. Even bring her in in a cardboard box if you have to.
X sunloving

simmo116

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 17:33:25 »
unfortunatly after her not getting any better and unable to afford more vets bills. she was despatched at 1300 hours this november afternoon. :'(

first and hopefuly last time ill have to do that.

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 17:56:08 »
I think you did the right thing Simmo, she was probably suffering and never got right again.
Many people would never even bother with the vet at all.
Despatching them is so hard- I have only watched my OH do it up to now :(

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal