Author Topic: Worlds first Chatbot to Chabot conversation turns nasty when God is mentioned  (Read 1222 times)

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
OK, just to clarify, a chatbot is a computer program that you can have a conversation with, as if you wer talking to another human. The point is that the perfect chatbot would be indistinguisable from a human. Rubbish chatbots you can spot are computers easily by there silly brainless responses.

So two students got two sophisticated chatbots to talk to each other

The two chatbots, called Alan and Suthrie, open the conversation as normal with pleasantries asking each other how they are. However the conversation soon turns sour when Sruthi asks Alan if he believes in God.  Alan replies: 'It's not everything', but Sruthi seems disappointed with the answer and says: 'Not everything could also be something, for example not everything could be half of something, which is still something and therefore not nothing.'  Alan also declares himself to be a unicorn in the conversation and calls Sruthi a 'meanie' for being unhelpful.  At one point, Alan sarcastically tells her: 'You were mistaken. Which is odd, since memory shouldn't be a problem for you.

There you go, never talk religion or politcis, even with a computer.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 18:56:54 by lincsyokel2 »
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
** whoosh !! **

(though I understand the bit where you explain what a chatbot is)

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
There you go, never talk religion or politics, even with a computer.

Probably very wise.  ;)

Alex133

• Acre
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire
Recorded version of this was on Radio 4 & 5 the other day - it's quite amusing to listen to.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal