Author Topic: Target practise  (Read 2113 times)

pumkinlover

Target practise
« on: August 22, 2011, 16:10:27 »
I went to plot yesterday to find OH,  a policeman and a plot holder on their knees looking for pellets.

Someone whose house overlooks the site had been shooting at the greenhouse - whilst he was in it!!!
OH (Assistant sec) had asked them to stop but when 5 panes of glass were found to be broken the plot holder telephoned the police.
They were using a bb gun ? which apparently is legal but they had brass not plastic pellets which is not allowed.

It was very dangerous for the plot holder if a pane had shattered while he was underneath. Luckily all ok.

The policeman arranged for Restorative justice so the lads have 10 days to pay £25 to the plot holder as glass is £5 a sheet now.

Could have been much worse ??? ???

claybasket

• Hectare
Re: Target practise
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 21:00:32 »
that's awful the gun should have been taken away,these guns should be banned ,they can still do lots of damage ,i was shot in the eye with a airgun,lost most of my sight in that eye,i hate the terrible things,lucky you were fine.

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 21:06:24 »
That's a sobering tale Claybasket :(

At the time we realised that it could have been far worse but your story really brings it home.

Alimo

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 21:08:13 »
That is dreadful !!  How scarey for the plotholder.

I agree that the bbgun should have been confiscated. 

Alison x

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 13:21:04 »
Restorative justice? 

I don't think so!  Quite apart from the fright the plot holder suffered,  it will take ages to get all the glass shards off the greenhouse floor.  Quite a dangerous job and has to be done carefully.  And what about the hassle to go and get the new glass panes cut and transported and refitted?  The real 'cost' of such a prank is much more than the cost of the glass.

The culprits got off lightly.  Still it's better than nothing.

Sorry to hear about your eye Clay. 

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 21:24:06 »
The son of a friend of mine lost an eye altogether through someone messing about like that.

pumkinlover

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 14:22:35 »
If it had been me Galina I would have made a lot more fuss- as it was the plot holder and police and culprit had already made the deal when I got there.  If I'd been in the greenhouse I'd probably have got hysterical :-[

It's so lucky that there was not  any injury done to the plot holder, how do you not realise that shooting any gun in someone's direction is very dangerous. ???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal