Author Topic: a month on  (Read 1925 times)

chairman

• Not So New ...
a month on
« on: August 12, 2011, 08:19:33 »
It's now a month since we got the girls.

They sorted them self's into order with Mrs O'nions being in charge followed by Miss Sage and Rosemary & Thyme.

She's always first out of the coop and last to settle down at night, when I go into clean them out she's cooing beside me or if turn over the soil shes there grabbing at any worms or insects, chasing the others away if they get to pick up one.

It was her that layed the first egg on the second day we had them and apart from having a rest day about every 8 days she's layed well, Miss Sage had a little slow start not laying for 10 days then one egg followed a week later with some very large eggs which have turned out to be double yolker's. Not large yolks in any of the eggs as they are only in the first year but very tasty.

Miss Rosemay & Thyme are still growing on with their combs just staring to grow, they only come to me when i have a treat for them other wise they tend to stand back. They also like to fly onto the top of the coop and look out.

have i been studying them? Well just a little 

brownowl23

• Acre
Re: a month on
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 08:40:02 »
Oh wow I hadnt realised you'd got chickens. Im sorely tempted but I reckon the fox would have em. after all he took off with my obile phone that one of us had dropped on site when we wer down. Was d**n lucky to find that!

Will follow your antics with Sage, onion, rosemary and thyme.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal