Author Topic: please help people have the right to keep chickens!  (Read 21667 times)

gruesome

• Quarter Acre
Re: please help people have the right to keep chickens!
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2011, 17:45:25 »
hey robert, the latest idiotic nonsense is exactly that- only people are complaining about horse poo attracting flies in  fields. cant fool those poo fles.
oh and by the way- the cornish alps of foxhole are fast dissapearing.
Insanity takes it's toll....................please have the correct change.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2011, 19:29:55 »
What are they doing, shoving them back down the holes? I haven't been that way for years. As for poo flies, I wish they'd go and plague people like that. I'd have thought they'd find them congenial.

They're amazing; there aren't any horses round here, yet as soon as I spread some rotted grass cuttings in summer, they gather like the proverbial flies. I suppose they consider the smell to be similar.

willsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 21:37:07 »
Thanks for the info Isleworth, i was just about to ask the question of keeping chicks.In my lease it states only certain allotments allowed to keep chickens.( the ones which tend to flood) May try and keep 2 girls and see what is said. May need to quote the act...

Catherine F

• Not So New ...
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2011, 19:49:59 »
I've read this with great interest.  We are on a 'community' allotmetn site.  Basically a new housing estate gave the Council the allotment site as their 'green' space for the estate.

The Council applied for some specific grant to do with improving peoples health, and so as wellas having an alotment we would be involved in workshops around cooking/healthy lifestyle etc - these havent happened yet.

I was told when we took the allotment on, by the allotments office that we couldn't have chooks cos it's a community allotment.

Now the council have handed over the management of this site to an external non-profit community group who have said they want us to be able to have chickens, and possibly more in the way of livestock and the group leader told me she would look in to whether we are allowed chickens, given the adice I was previously told.

Now having read through this thread, I think the Allotment Act would still apply to us?  If this non-profit community group walked out on the scheme the allotments would revert back to the council.

If anyone could confirm that this does apply to us that would be great.

Thanks

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal