Author Topic: Riots in north London  (Read 39432 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Riots in north London
« on: August 07, 2011, 22:51:35 »
Well I am standing outside my house with a big stick, but OH told me to come in.  We have just put out a fire that the lovely hoodies sent light to, and luckily it didn't catch light to the car near it. The police helicopter is over head, and I want to go to bed, I am so tired.  The grandchildren went to MacDonalds in Enfield today but were home before all the trouble kicked off.  Enfield is not too good at present, as they are all coming from Tottenham to cause trouble here and I have been told not to get involved and beat the sh.t out of them because I am too old, but I would have a good go and die fighting.  I just want to go to bed and sleep.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: Riots in north London
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 22:56:40 »
Oh dear Borlotti! I think I would go inside, lock my door and turn out the lights! Poor you!

Mark S

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 23:00:37 »
You poor thing! Feel for you my friend!

I remember being caught up in the race riots of the 80's. I knew some of the people involved, and I knew them from school. At school, I used to stand up to them no problems, because I knew they were reaaly whimps.

But I also knew that when they were with a mob, I'd have had my head split open for no good reason if I'd have even said anything.....

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 23:05:51 »
It seems to have calmed down now, and Charlie (the cat) is asleep in the laundry basket, so think I will go to bed.  Might pop into Enfield town tomorrow to do some looting, they was a joke in bad taste, might get a free McDonalds (sick).

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 04:11:31 »
Why is it happening, it hasn;t reached this side on the news XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 05:35:16 »
Nothing around where I live but friends nearer the town have been putting stuff on Facebook
I put the news on at ten before went to bed and it seems that twats are getting trains and buses into Enfield Town and running around smashing shops up, I saw a police dog grabbing some kids leg and to think up till them I've never been that keep on dogs.
It showed a chemist opposite where OH works and they've dismantled the slabs and bricks from a wall and used as weapons, the police station is just 100 yards from it, they use a back street and an alley to get on to Enfield Town Centre from there.
This is NOT a riot because of the shooting in Tottenham Hale, this is Organised crime, it is chemists, Jewellers and the like being robbed, they know the police are stretched and are guarding certain buildings, so they cause mahem starting fires and throwing things at the police, ringing people and texting to come and join in whilst the ringleaders rob chemists and jewellers and are away whilst all the idiots get caught up in it.
 :( :( :(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 06:38:01 »
What a welcome home for  you Kev, and poor Borlotti. I do hope things calm down . I would feel like you Borlotti, wanting to have go but there are far too many of them to take on.. Best place is inside looking after Charlie
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 07:33:18 »
No jokes for anyone living near the hot spots.  Lets hope the police can get things under control asap.  I used to live near Brixton used like see all the interesting veggies in the market.   40 years ago there where also rumblings of trouble there.

Lets hope the problems do not spread.

PL no polite comment.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 07:51:26 »
Now perhaps all the goody twoshoes will realise that their dreams of multi culturism and diversity is just that, dreams. These sort of neighbourhoods are bad news. They are giving a message out saying you might have shot one of our dealers, but you ain't going to police us. We will live in England and take all the handouts you are daft enough to give us, but we will live under our own rules.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 07:59:14 »
Good morning ACE.

couple of points
1, has the chap who was Killed by the Police been tried and convicted by anyone (except you) of being a 'dealer' ?
2, multi-culturism? it seems to work round here, we've got food shops from all over the world, and a very diverse ethnic background of staff at our local hospital.  ;)
You couldn't make it up!

pumkinlover

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 08:01:34 »
My thoughts go to all the decent  ordinary people who are affected by this trouble.

Busby

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 08:13:13 »
I lived in Hornsey as a teenager and we lads went dancing to Tottenham in the middle 1950s - can't remember the name of the dancehall - and there was always trouble although multi-culturism wasn't a word.  There were louts with bicycle chains and knives who'd slash out at the slightest excuse. Where are these people today?

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 08:13:15 »
Yeah, well said ACE. Utter mens bits of course, but well said utter mens bits.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 08:15:48 »
since the guy that got shot seems apparently now to be the salt of the earth and wouldn't harm a fly, perhaps the lesson of it is - don't buy a novelty cigarette lighter from a dodgy bloke down the pub, and don't try lighting a f*g with it when your taxi is surrounded by armed police

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 08:43:41 »
I can understand if people want to peacefully protest agaist a killing but at a loss to understand how looting shops helps the situation??

Now there is talk of people being unemployed as the reason why this has happened..........??This is so British...........they should have enough photographic evidence of people who broke the law and they should round them up and have them in court.

Ethnic oragin should not come in to it...........they are law breakers and should be dealt with purely on that basis.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 08:51:32 »
couple of points
1, has the chap who was Killed by the Police been tried and convicted by anyone (except you) of being a 'dealer' ?
2, multi-culturism? it seems to work round here, we've got food shops from all over the world, and a very diverse ethnic background of staff at our local hospital.  ;)

1. Yes

2. You are confusing multikulti with cultural diversity.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 08:56:56 »
My thoughts are with all our A4A memebrs caught up in it. Its horrible, I hope that you have no damage and its over soon, having lived though some riots myself in NI i know how angry and frustated it makes you feel.

Its no excuse for a session of casual racism.

I've not seen a single woman rioting but it doesnt mean im going to tar all men as evil rioting ba5tards.
x sunloving

lillian

• Acre
  • Suffolk
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 10:24:45 »
According to the bbc the Met have dealt with incidents in brixton, walthamstow, islington and oxford circus, chelsea, waltham forest and ponders end ::)

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 10:37:54 »
Just drove down the A10 on my way into work and went to pull into sainsburys to get some petrol......Sainsburys has been smashed up and petrol station closed, looked over to the Toys R Us retail park and it is covered in police tape and police are manning the turn off so no one can enter, Curry's, comet and the sports shop have been smashed up  >:(.

i was talking to my husband last night we both agreed that would be damaged as that is what the looters want, electricals and sportswear. It is mindless vandalism. I am so angry to be hearing about the twaddle people are saying about the poor disenfranchised youths. they are thugs and vandals and no one made them do it, they only done it to get free stuff and no other reason.

we must stop listening to the "do gooders" and the "bleeding heart brigade" and we must set up our own human rights and stop all of this breakdown in our society and people not taking responsibility for themselves and their actions or this country is going to hell in a handcart >:(

Sorry for the rant, I know i am not being politically correct but I have been for years and i now think that is why we are in the state we are in now

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 10:40:41 »
well I hope they spread our way, It's not that I have any particular grievances, it's just that I fancy a free widescreen telly and a new pair of trainers  ???

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal