Produce > Ponds 'n' Stuff

Babies

(1/4) > >>

Grandma:
For the first time I have baby fish! They're really tiny - still small enough to be a snack for the bigger fish but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Very excited!

Aden Roller:

--- Quote from: Grandma on July 24, 2011, 16:03:44 ---For the first time I have baby fish! They're really tiny - still small enough to be a snack for the bigger fish but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Very excited!

--- End quote ---

That's brilliant! Me too  ;)

I noticed lots of little goldfish fry just as I was about to thin out the pond plants. It must be something to do with the weather in the south.  :)

Grandma:
Wecome to the mad world of A4A, Aden Roller!

Congratulations on your fishy offspring - I'm so glad someone else finds it exciting!  :)

My biggest babies are about 2" long now - (and hopefully too big to be eaten!) -but I keep seeing really tiny ones that can't long have hatched.

I love my little pond - not just for the fish but for all the wildlife it attracts! I hope your babies thrive!  :)

Aden Roller:
Thanks Grandma.

We're pleased with our littluns. It's only a tiny pond but fairly well stocked and no new fish have been bought for years. It takes quite a while for our baby black ones to turn golden although we did have one last year that started off carrot red.

What colours are yours?

Grandma:
My littluns range from very light brown (almost transparent!) when really tiny to dark brown/black with a silvery underside at 2". I imagine it's nature's way of providing them with a bit of camouflage.

I would normally have thinned out the elodea but I'm leaving it for the time being as a safe haven for the babies.  :) 

Interesting to hear about your unusual carrot-coloured baby - no camouflage there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version