Author Topic: AMY WINEHOUSE  (Read 7355 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
AMY WINEHOUSE
« on: July 23, 2011, 19:44:46 »
How very sad to hear such a talented lady has died. :'( :'(  RIP dear Amy so young. My condolences to her family.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: AMY WINEHOUSE
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 19:45:58 »
Not unexpected but still a sad loss ... so young...

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 20:05:24 »
Not unexpected news, was just a question of when!  Such a sad waste of a talent and a life.  I always likened her to janis joplin.  Rip Amy

Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 20:15:03 »
I'd been hoping she could beat her demons and produce another Back To Black.  Not to be, so sad.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 20:47:13 »
All this "not unexpected" mens bits (I don't especially mean here - it's all over all the news comments). Plenty of people beat drug problems and mental health issues. It's a shame she couldn't.

Sad for those she left behind, why do people feel the need to judge?

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 20:55:43 »
I loved her music.

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Growing4twins

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 22:22:41 »
It is a loss to music, last year some time i saw a picture of her & she had put some weight back on & looked really good.  I really thought she was on the road to recovery.  I guess the saying Live fast die young applies to Amy. Im sure she will be put in the "greats who went to soon" category along with jimi Hendrix, Jim morrison, Janice joplin & so on.  Who incidentaly also died at 27 years old.

RIP Amy, lets hope you find the peace in death that you couldnt find in life :( .x.
Is loving how the twins are really getting into planting seeds this year!  two for the price of one!! :D http://i46.tinypic.com/zy7ww8.jpg[/img]

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 13:44:57 »
Really sad to hear the news. She was so talented and too young to die, but I suppose the body can only take so much abuse before it gives out. I am sad for her family who seemed to try everything to help her. What a terrible shame she won't reach even greater heights with her music and live her life with more happiness in it. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 15:41:55 »
I had listened to a programme about Tony Bennett on Friday. He had sung a duet with Amy Winehouse which was played. It was great, such a shame there will be no more from her, I enjoyed her music.
Smile, it confuses people.

bikegirllisa

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 22:15:28 »
She was an amazing singer.  I think maybe her talent was too big to live with comfortably.

RIP, Amy.  The world is a little less without you in it.

plainleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 00:15:06 »
fame is harsh task master.
addictive drugs are hard demon to beat once they snare you. 
Was never a fan but still find it sad. 

Busby

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 06:04:41 »
Everything has a bad side and a good side. At least British youth will have one less bad example of how to live.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 06:38:53 »
A sad loss ,a Friend had a art exhibition off Amy Winehouse in London (hes quite famous in the art world) last year ,she was meant to come to the opening her manager came,insisted on alcohol but saddle Amy didn't make it ,the show was good. 

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 08:06:08 »
Addiction is dreadful. I found it near impossible to get off the cigs, so it must be far worse to get of something stronger. Perhaps she wiill be an example to others perhaps not. When we are young it seems that nothing can touch us.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 08:27:06 »
What can you say except so sad  :(

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 09:50:03 »
I was still shocked somehow, I guess I expected her to sober up one of these days. It's a great pity to have such talent but to be so fragile, it seems quite unfair. I do think that she made so many attempts to get off the addictions, but when you go back to frequenting the same places, pubs, friends, it is surely inevitable to fall back into the old ways. I am sure she saw her dealers every day on the streets of Camden. I think only a radical change in lifestyle can help in this type of situation, when you are that vulnerable, you have to be taken away from all temptation.
It's a very sad day for her family, I feel very sorry that they had to see such a public, undignified fall from grace of the person who for them remained surely a much loved child. A crying shame.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 11:16:19 »
Let this be a warning to all drug users....IT WILL KILL YOU IN THE END              R I P          Amy

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 12:02:07 »
Let this be a warning to all drug users....IT WILL KILL YOU IN THE END              R I P          Amy

my  dad takes drugs, after his heart by-pass operation, are you saying these will kill him?
You couldn't make it up!

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 12:08:38 »
I find it sad that people are leaving alcohol and cigarettes as gifts outside her house, obviously thinking that her lifestyle was cool.

As Shirton says, it is hard enough giving up cigs but to be surrounded by party people 24/7 and with hangers-on constantly offering you drugs, it must be nigh on impossible to keep saying no. Its not like there are many 'normal' activities available if you are famous, and at 27 knitting and gardening usually don't appeal. RIP.

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 13:05:19 »

[/quote]

my  dad takes drugs, after his heart by-pass operation, are you saying these will kill him?
[/quote]

tony i allso take drugs for my heart condition, but they kep me alive  [ im hopeing  they do]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal