Author Topic: New allotments rent and water demand  (Read 5451 times)

Nigel B

• Hectare
Re: New allotments rent and water demand
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 00:19:57 »
Once again, my thanks Unwashed. I value your unbiased advice, good or bad.
I'll try to get them to offer reductions for the elderly/disabled if I can... We'll see.
The last thing this should become is a clique of fat old blokes that care not what happens the other side of the hedge from their allotment...

Fingers crossed eh?
 ;)
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 05:56:41 »
We have a new site and perhaps one nice thing is that because everyone started together there isa huge range of different ages and people.  Yes we have some old farts but we also have young people.  I actually like that because I meet a whole set of people I would not normally come across.  I keeps me in the world.

I hope you enjoy your plot.

Ben Acre

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 18:19:20 »
Our rate is £15.00 per 7.5 rods, plots have been split like this to encourage more takers. We have no water but we are encouraged to use d**e water which I have tried to discourage because of the risk of leptospirosis.  But on some town plots have water on tap but pay the same rent. One site rep uses his hose pipe for an hour daily but the complaints about it will take up most of our meeting tonight

We would never ask for money in advance but may increase rent once all plots have a water supply.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal