The Show > Pumpkin 'tastic

giant pkn time again

(1/36) > >>

slyfox-mal:
well its that time of year again i shall be plant two pkns out this year a 275 van hook and a 1145.5 van hook i will do a couple off 633 langley as backups

i have arranged the friendly competition on our site again this year and it looks like we will have alot of new growers coming into the comp this year i have given up my seed collection for them to grow i dont see the point of saving world class seed just to say i have one id rather they get planted and given a chance.

so good luck everyone at beechwood allotments middlesbrough who are taking part.

good luck to everyone whoever you are and whatever you grow  all the best mal

pete JB:
Good luck with that Mal. The 275 Van Hook has thrown some big ones in the last few years. It will be interesting to see what it does for you. My big hopes rest with the 901 Hunt. It has also grown some big ones including the 1667.5 Hunt.
Fingers crossed for a good summer

Pete

slyfox-mal:
Hi pete mate hope the 901 does the works for you its a cracking seed as you well know bryans 633 seed has me intregued as it was grew of a 1385 clone last year and crossed with a 1556.5 werner i dont think this cross has ever been done before the clone had major issues with root system  but still produced a 633 so im concidering useing it as backups

hope you got my marrow seeds ok  i cant remember if you said you did or not if you had a problem let me know i can soon get you some more sent
im concentrating more on marrows and maters this year  6 marrow and 11 giant mater plants hope to beat my personal bests this season  good luck mate and heres hoping you only a lb behind me come weighoff time lol  all the best mal

pete JB:
Yeah I got the marrow seeds mate. Looking forward to growing them. Any tips. I`m a total novice at it !

slyfox-mal:
treat them like pkn mate but keep fruit well shaded from the sun if possible stops the skin hardening off to soon and splitting marrow can handle three fruits per plant at a time without adverse effects fruits mature in about 45 days from setting but dont be to quick opening it for seeds let it sit as long as possible or you get lots of immature seed as i found out last year
when mature you will need a saw to get into the fruit as they are as hard as nails  lol i found out this also  snapping a 8 inch kitchen knife trying to open the 74 lber
regards mal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version