Author Topic: Don't burn this Easter weekend!  (Read 2940 times)

blackkitty2

• Not So New ...
Don't burn this Easter weekend!
« on: April 22, 2011, 16:59:27 »
Having watched my allotment neighbours turning into fried lobster today and yesterday on their plots I thought I should give my 'top tip' for the Easter weekend - suntan lotion. I know it's common sense in this day and age but from what I can see - lily white, semi naked beer bellied men of a certain age  getting redder by the day - eww! No nipple piercings mercifully.....Also the sun is a killer for premature ageing and the 'saddle bag' or leather look. Nice....

So my tips - firstly - apply the highest factor suntan lotion possible and reapply frequently. Look for offers in the supermarkets ie BOGOF's. My lotion is 50+ for the more albino skinned like myself.

Try to avoid the midday sun and remember the nights are lighter so you can realistically avoid being fried alive.

Sip water often but don't guzzle.

Wear a hat and put some extra sunscreen on the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. If you are fair skinned like me these are the first to go 'lobster'.

Finally if you take your dog/s with you make sure they have shade and provide them with water.

Happy Easter to all.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
Re: Don't burn this Easter weekend!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 17:09:55 »
I think the Australians say SLIP. SLOP, SLAP though i've forgotten what it precisely means
-slop a few beers inside you, slap some people about, and slip into a coma?

and you forgot to mention the SMOG alert  ;D

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 17:13:53 »
^^ it's SLIP on a shirt, SLOP on some sunscreen, SLAP on a hat or maybe some other permutation.

But yes, I was thinking something er similar this afternoon while trying not to look at all the topless male OAPs on the site today.  Ugh.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 19:32:37 »
I've bought some spray on nivea factor 50+ children's sunscreen from asda, 6.00, never had a factor that high I could spray, and it works on my milk coloured skin  ;D

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 21:55:35 »
I get asked to put sunlotion on the back of my topless "senior person" male neighbour on regular occasions when I go on the plot >:(

Not sure if that's part of my job description :-\ :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 20:17:56 »
Its like having your mum online.   ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 22:22:03 »
Thought you were anti bonfires.  ;D ;D

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 13:49:51 »
I got laughed at for my anti-sun attire and heavy coat of sunscreen...the down side is all the aphids etc stick to you.
However coming from NZ i have been badly burnt for at least once a year for my first 25 years and i have very fair skin.

I suggest not having bonfires either at the moment if it's dry where you are as they could easily get out of control.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal